The Unholy Alliance Of Donald Trump And Elon Musk

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1482579
1 Like

Good
RNC resolution to ban paying Trump’s legal bills is ‘dead’ | The Hill
Barbour confirmed to Politico that the resolution is “dead” and won’t be voted on during Friday’s meeting because he only received co-sponsors from eight out of 10 required states to bring the resolution to a vote.

40 Likes

More good news, let the GOP run against this

Biden administration finalizes rule cutting credit card late fees - ABC News (go.com)

The move is expected to drop the typical credit card late fee to $8 from $32.

64 Likes

The NY Times’ political coverage is basically right wing propaganda at this point

45 Likes

The media will undoubtedly talk about this for weeks on end. Oh wait…

61 Likes

I am all for Elon Musk continuing to invest into failed companies, campaigns and people as well as help run them into the ground. I really have no problem with that.

49 Likes

but his age!.md

64 Likes

Enter Elon Musk.
You can bet that Elon is all set to sabotage his own Starlink network over Ukraine to help T rumpp, and ergo Putin in that war. The US needs to pull the plug on ALL contracts and subsidies they’ve given to the ratfuck Musk.

67 Likes

YAY TruMP! Making AMerica GREat becaUSE he"S running. IF he Was’t, THE stock MArket would b a disaster.

53 Likes
  • The Oddities: Trump lost in Vermont, and Biden lost in America Samoa.

Politcal Press:

“It’s just a bump in the road for Trump!
“Biden is finished, he can’t recover from this!”

52 Likes
60 Likes

They have always been there.

37 Likes

I have only cross words for NYT.

75 Likes

Dumbest timeline ever. dump gets head stomped in November. Just hoping we hold the Senate.

44 Likes

In Texas, it was an intra-,party GOP bloodbath with Abbottt & Paxton seeking revenge for the loss on school vouchers and impeachment, respectively.

Good news? Anti-LGBT gadfly and sexual assault enabler Jared Woodfill lost his bid to unseat Lacey Hull. Not because Hull is all that great, but Wodfill is awful.

Oh - and we missed another opportunity to get rid of Sheila Jackson Lee, but Colin Allred got a solid win to take on Rafael Cruz this fall.

54 Likes

So Long, Kyrsten!

So long, so long, and thanks for all the kitsch.

58 Likes

First thing in my “news” feed this morning AP - Who is Jason Palmer? A previously unknown Democrat beats Biden in American Samoa’s Democratic caucus. This is list as a TOP STORY! Even TPM had to throw the American Samoa story out there, but at least TPM also mentioned Vermont. Getting very sick of this nonsense.

23 Likes

Eugene T. Maleska would like a word with you.

11 Likes

The problem is, musk has a nearly bottomless checkbook.

9 Likes

It’s a man bites sarong story.

30 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available