The Trump Value Meal: Extra Buffoonery With A Side Of Fascism

Originally published at: The Trump Value Meal: Extra Buffoonery With A Side Of Fascism

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. How To Explain Trump To Future Generations Because we don’t have enough to worry about at the moment, I sometimes fret that future generations may only see the madcap buffoonery of Donald Trump and his…

2 Likes

And always with the claims of “treason”

One commentator said: “Hang them by the necks till they’re dead … I believe it’s way past time for an armed revolution.”

Searching for a kitty

46 Likes

101 Likes

My vote is in the dropbox this morning

78 Likes

Not quite. We already know that the growth is a Fascist Orange Tumor; the only question is: will it be successfully excised?

80 Likes

Central Park 5 Sues Donald Trump For Defamation

This morning, members of the Central Park 5 filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania asserting cause of actions for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress associated with statements made by Trump during the Presidential debate on September 10th.

The lawsuit alleges that Donald Trump made a statement concerning the fact that, according to Trump, the Central Park 5 pled guilty and admitted to “badly” hurting a person. Those statements, however, were untrue. None of the victims of the Central Park assaults in the 1980s were killed.

The lawsuit goes on to discuss an interaction between one of the members of the Central Park 5 and Trump in the spin room following the debate in which Mr. Salaam introduced himself to Trump, at which point Trump said “you’re on my side.” Salaam responded “no, I’m not on your side” and Trump proceeded to smile, walk away, and wave his hand.

As the attorneys for the Central Park 5 members note:

“Defendant Trump has previously made numerous public statements demonstrating that he is familiar with the Central Park assaults, the criminal case, the trials, the exoneration and the settlement with the City, and that he therefore knew that the statements he made on September 10, 2024 were false and misleading. Like his statements at the September 10 debate, many of Defendant Trump’s past statements are themselves false, defamatory and part of a continuing pattern of extreme and outrageous conduct directed at Plaintiffs.”

The lawsuit seeks both compensatory and punitive damages for the harm suffered by the Central Park 5 members. Read the full complaint here.

Trump took out full page ads in NYC in 1989 in major newspapers after five black and hispanic boys were falsely accused but were later exonerated by DNA and the confession by another individual after they served years in prison.

86 Likes

Early voting starts in TX today. See you when I am done.

70 Likes

Ours will be in the mailbox today. There’s a drop box in town, but with WA’s vote by mail system I can go online and verify that it arrived.

32 Likes

But it’s metastasized, so it’ll take a bit more work than excision

27 Likes

41 Likes

One has to wonder, given:

• Trump lamenting that serial sex abuser Harvey Weinstein got “schlonged”;
  • Trump extolling the size of the late golfing great Arnold Palmer’s manhood.

Is DFG obsessed with, uh, something? Has he run out of little blue pills?

48 Likes

Our drop box is outside the County offices and gets check daily. I should be able to confirm receipt by the end of the week

9 Likes

More dicks out there than there are actual dicks.

88 Likes

Received automated notices from my county recorder’s office that:

1. My ballot was received.
  2. My signature was verified, and
  3. My ballot has been transferred to be counted in batch E1.

Now we wait.

[Ed: The MM link is broken again. Had to take the back door.]

39 Likes

What’s Causing The Recent Spike in Global Temperatures?

And then there’s the group tying illegal immigrants to climate change and world wide disaster.

Patrick Crusius worried that Texas — hot and dry and facing climate calamity — was being overrun by immigrants. For his entire life he’d watched as Allen, Texas, the upper-middle-class Dallas suburb where he grew up, more than doubled in size, with quick-built mansions and car-choked freeways. Crusius, 21 years old, with wavy dark brown hair, sparse stubble collecting on his round chin, was awkward and introverted. He spent eight hours a day on his computer. He learned to hate the influence of megacorporations and the culture of consuming cheap goods that he thought they fostered, and he detested the waste and pollution that came with it. He brooded over the dwindling supplies of clean water and that too many people were competing for too little of it. But more than anything he had come to hate Hispanic migrants, who had turned his overwhelmingly white town into a nearly-half ethnic one. He wanted to keep them out. “#BuildTheWall is the best way that @POTUS has worked to secure our country so far!” he tweeted in 2017. In a world of constraints and an environment under stress, why should he have to share with them?

The Texas Walmart shooter was just one of them

37 Likes

I suppose there is now a whole new meaning to the phrase: “How’d you like an Arnold Palmer?”

25 Likes

Had to come in the back door this morning. :slightly_frowning_face:

14 Likes

I mean, they’re not wrong about their being a connections… but they might have the causality a little reversed.

18 Likes

Christamitey!

68 Likes

I watched the SNL skit. Hilarious, especially the Now That’s What I call Dementia, Vol.1.

I hadn’t heard the Harvey Weinstein comment. One pig to another.

40 Likes