The Supreme Court Didn’t Go Nuclear On Abortion In 2024. It’ll Have Plenty Of Options To In 2025

Originally published at: The Supreme Court Didn’t Go Nuclear On Abortion In 2024. It’ll Have Plenty Of Options To In 2025

The Supreme Court punted on the major abortion cases it heard during the term that ended last month. And while the Court’s inaction was initially celebrated, it means we head into the 2024 election with some of the biggest threats to the procedure delayed, but not permanently denied. One case is all but certain to…

1 Like

Thanks Kate for this well-researched article. I used to be Mark_AZ but the kind folks at TPM allowed me to change my username after moving back to SW Colorado - Boebert Country.

My neighbors were expecting their first child last year. Excited, they went to visit his parents in Texas when she suffered a miscarriage. Unable to receive proper medical care in Texas, they had to take a costly emergency medical flight to Denver which nearly bankrupted them. She survived. The happy ending is that with proper care, she was able to conceive again and they now have their 3 week old child at home. These anti-freedom judicial decisions affect citizens of all states, not just the red ones.

53 Likes

What gives? No cats in SW Colorado?

4 Likes

The Democrats need to keep this issue front and center. I know the so called elites in the media don’t think it’s that important but to women, whether they are at child bearing age or not, it is.

27 Likes

this is Mars. He is a very nice kitty.
Thanks for the well written article

33 Likes

Handsome fella.

10 Likes

This election is now centered in the real world of women’s issues. It’s gonna be a bumpy ride. But we’re not going back.

26 Likes

As always, it’s about control and cruelty with these folks.

20 Likes

”… More than 100 pregnant women in medical distress who sought help from emergency rooms were turned away or negligently treated since 2022, an Associated Press analysis of federal hospital investigations has found.”

”Two women – one in Florida and one in Texas – were left to miscarry in public restrooms. In Arkansas, a woman went into septic shock”

25 Likes

I’m astonished they haven’t gone the route of requiring the father’s permission yet.

8 Likes

Regarding these ass-clowns who sued to block the sale of mifepristone because it might endanger their patients, why don’t they also sue the state of Texas (or Idaho) for banning treatment that would save their patients?

19 Likes

Apparently, they care about the one, but not about the other. Fabulous Christians. /s

6 Likes

Shhhh. Don’t give them ideas.

3 Likes

Well, we are going to use this ballot measure to drive turnout. If it passes, it will enshrine the right to an abortion in the State Constitution.

24 Likes

Speaking of options, will Trump dump his stock next month? Right now it’s at $23.

Trump is stuck with his company’s stock for just one more month, when he is legally allowed to sell his shares without board approval. He can’t try to increase the share price by bragging, as he did with his real estate properties, because that would be illegal. Even though the Supreme Court gave him a break with its immunity ruling, he still needs cash to pay his mounting legal bills. It’s only a matter of time before September arrives and Trump dumps his stock. The question is, how low will the share price be?

7 Likes

making abortions illegal, or severely restricted, does not stop abortions from happening. It just stops safe abortions performed by Physicians from happening.

16 Likes

A shot of Schadenfreude with this morning’s coffee—hard to believe his ‘interview’ with the muskrat didn’t turn things around in terms of his campaign or dollar store Xitter knock-off…

10 Likes

Federal agencies routinely use unclear or inapposite statutory language

Something they learned from the FedSoc legal apparatus who cleverly craft red state laws \s.

5 Likes

We know the minds of the conservative SCOTUS members. Women are in danger, both in their dignity and body.

7 Likes

Yeah, yeah, $24.01 x 66,000,000 shares. Cost basis $0.00. He’ll make book even if it drops to $12, but red hat fools and dirty money rush in every time it drops.

8 Likes