The Secret Battle Over Scott Perry’s Phone

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

Politico peels back the curtain a bit on a long-running secret court fight over whether the Justice Department can access the contents of Rep. Scott Perry’s phone as part of its Jan. 6 investigation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1446764

First. Lord help us it is going to be a long 2 years if this is what we have to look forward to daily.

44 Likes

55 Likes

@andrewrsorkin: “The question that I’d ask you is whether you think this debt ceiling is going to be used as a bargaining chip in a way that could turn dangerous?” House GOP Budget Chair @RepArrington: “I believe it will and I believe it has to.”

No, actually, it doesn’t have to. The GQP will be on the losing end of this response. FAFO.

ETA:

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. A.A. Milne 1882 -1956

45 Likes

NeXT two Years GONNA be LIT!

34 Likes

I wish more Senators had the high moral character, excellent judgement, and sheer intelligence of Senator Lindsay Graham. What a lying sniveling piece of drek this guy is. Low life stinking fecal pellet Lindsay Graham. Then again, he’s got an R beside his name, meaning grift, deceit, and the sort of spine you can pass your hand through.

39 Likes

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

19 Likes

And I was referring to GOP malarkey.

7 Likes

Ninth! And damn proud of it!

24 Likes

OK, BiDen.

14 Likes

Aw, chin up there. It’s possible that some of these nihilists will decide to leave public life to spend more time with their attorneys.

47 Likes

GOnna be CrazY like Trump withOUT the ability to wREak gloBAL haVoc

20 Likes

It will be wild!

11 Likes

"The GOP is planning to go after the Biden family for “influence peddling”? Really: that is where they want to go after the blatant selling of influence by multiple members of the Trump family (Jared and Ivanka front and center of course…)?

66 Likes

Sending us to twitter?? Why not take the time to cut and paste it so those of us who try not to feed a megalomaniac aren’t forced to?

15 Likes

Mr. Perry, why were you using an encrypted texting app with increased frequency as the election and insurrection unfolded? Is that part of your elected representative and govt. employee duties? Is that described as proper communications and record-keeping for someone doing The People’s business?

I see here, here, and here where you have made comments about government accountability and wishing to see your opposition’s documentation…in any of those cases did you find the Ds were using encrypted apps in the run-up to High Treason?

ETA: Oh, and one more thing, How many elected Rs and RW leaning govt. officials do you know who have used an encrypted app?

55 Likes

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) mustered a feeble: “Cassidy Hutchinson is a known liar.”

8 Likes

The Daily Beast reports:

The filing, which the campaign submitted on Monday to itemize its expenses over the last three months of 2022, shows that Ye paid Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes more than $9,000 for “travel reimbursement” on the same date in November that the rapper and Fuentes dined with Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago, accompanied by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos.

Yiannopoulos also appears on the filing, receiving $40,000 for “campaign wrap up services” in mid-December, when Yeezy fired him. Milo also received about $10,000 for a “domain transfer” on the same date as the Mar-a-Lago dinner. Yiannopoulos was paid at an address in Rome, Georgia, hometown of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA).

28 Likes

Thank you, Merrick Garland, for your patience and persistence.

14 Likes

Can’T wait untiL they starT investigaTing abuse of the PPP loaN fOrgiveness and the 13 RepublicANs whO definitely DID NOT abuse the prograM. FaKE news below.

44 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available