The Sacred Lies of Virginia Thomas - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1446177
1 Like

Thank you for this fantastic, well-sourced, well-written, deep dive on a fanatical traitor to the Republic.

#ImpeachClarence #ChargeGinni

98 Likes

Yeah! What about all the Targets that got trashed?! It’s exactly the same!

25 Likes

“Both Sides”

24 Likes

You can lead a MAGAT to truth, but you can’t make them think.

58 Likes

Agreed. Really brilliant work and writing, Francis! Thank you.

And what a despicable creature, this “Ginni.”

48 Likes

I think it’s a fair assumption that Ginni’s “best friend” is also batshit.

58 Likes

Two wishes: 1. Jack Smith is all he is made out to be
2. He wants to have a word with Ginni

53 Likes

If anyone out there thinks that Clarence is “non-political” then you’re as cray-cray as his wife Ginni. They are both a piece of work. I guess the nicest thing we can say about them is that they haven’t reproduced.

39 Likes

In the Thomas house, I bet that even the dogs are batshit.

18 Likes

They reproduce via the clerks. Seriously, whenever you hear of a nutball judge or attorney, check for the spouse of ginni stamp. Neomi Rao. John Eastman.

55 Likes

The craziness is disturbing enough - but when you consider the power they wield, it becomes nightmarish. I got halfway through and could not stomach reading anything more about Ginni’s conclusions or opinions on anything.

37 Likes

Welcome to the MAGAT version of The Flat Earth Society. We don’t care about your stinkin’ facts. We don’t care about searching for objective truth. We start with the conclusion that we want to believe, and we work backwards from that.

The fact that our Flat Earth Society is filled with certifiable liars and self-promoting nutjobs is just a coincidence.

43 Likes

Pushkin was right when he wrote this about 150 years ago: “The illusion that exalts is dearer to us than
10,000 truths.”

And for good measure Voltaire added a bit later: “Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

They had the MAGAsses figured out perfectly.

57 Likes

If their house was an Estate in FL, it could be called “Guano-Lago”

8 Likes

Thomas has successfully created the persona of the right wing ‘Wizard of Oz’.

'Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain!"

And of course she doesn’t talk politics with Clarence. And Munchkins are real!

She is the 'Wicked Witch of the East" but if the January 6 Committee wasn’t able to drop a house on her, then I am not sure who the next Dorothy will be.

She is dangerous and should not be ignored.

33 Likes

It seems the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol could have done even more good if it had been empowered to make referrals to courts for civil proceedings for commitment of the mentally ill.

17 Likes

This article was beautifully written:

*Thomas departed, unbroken by inquisition, unfettered by obligation, her lies intact, at the ready, open carried. *

Eight people have now been convicted of Seditiious Conspiracy for their actions on January 6. Prosecuted and found guilty by American, “we the people” jurors, just like ourselves.

Now, these eight people did not do it themselves. They worked with the people who led, paid for, and supported the conspiracies: The Ginni Thomases, the Mark Meadows, the Louis Gohmerts, Josh Hawleys, Ron Johnsons, Ali Alexanders, Steve Bannons, Roger Stones, the Military midgets Michael Flynn, and his brother Charles, who still works at the Pentagon – a United States Army general who serves as commanding general of United States Army Pacific since June 4, 2021.

The Josh Hawleys, the MTGs, the Rudy Giulianis, The John Eastmans, the countless flukes and flunkies of the sacred halls of the House and Senate Republicans who have vowed to protect and defend their even bigger fluke and flunky Donald J. Trump.

I want to see the charges and convictions of these other hundreds of partners in the seditious conspiracy, reaching those at the crown of this dirty, infected and infested tree of a failed Administration, and the rotten ground of supporters still trying to hold it up.

55 Likes

Everybody knows the winners write the history. That’s why it’s so important to declare victory early and often, then stick to your guns in the face of the fact based cancel culture.

9 Likes

Posted this excerpt when the transcript first came out early this month.

63 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available