The One Place Where The Trump Campaign Wants More Mail-In Voting

Oh, the NYT. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Then It can throw them paper towels and that should suffice.

2 Likes

Gosh, do I love this story.

Turnabout is fair play. :grinning:

14 Likes

Thatā€™s ridiculous. We vote 100% by mail (with just a very few exceptions) here in WA, with every registered voter mailed a ballot. A signature is required on the outer sleeve, and witnesses are required only if for some reason you canā€™t sign your name. The signature is scanned and verified against the voter registration database.

Sometimes the signature doesnā€™t match just because it has changed over the years. Happened to my wife during the 2020 Dem primary. She was just mailed a notice with another form she could sign for her current signature. She mailed it back and her vote was counted. I wish every state would vote like this, but of course the Rā€™s hate it because it expands the franchise.

18 Likes

When youā€™re in a party of grifters you probably shouldnā€™t be surprised when you get grifted.

Poor bastards.

12 Likes

Peters: Look, I know heā€™s flinging his feces at you, but at least you know where you stand with him.

Yeah, like everyone else here, I got nothinā€™.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the point. Heā€™ll accept the results ā€œif itā€™s fairā€ meaning if he wins. He fights for absentee ballots in areas where heā€™s favored. Whatever happened to, oh I donā€™t know, equal representation? Or equality under the law? Without that, thereā€™s everything to complain about because while the fat asshole is demanding every vote be counted in the mega church stupid parts of the country, heā€™s demanding that intelligent parts of the country donā€™t get the benefit of the same leeway. Get it now?

7 Likes

Yikes!

The FBI announced Tuesday that it is investigating an alleged leak of highly classified U.S. intelligence documents, days after assessments containing information about Israelā€™s potential plans for a retaliatory attack on Iran were published on an Iran-linked Telegram account.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/10/22/israel-iran-intel-leak-fbi/

6 Likes

I live in NC. The Republican-gerrymandered General Assembly passed a voter ID law a couple years ago. People in western NC lost lives and homes to Hurricane Helene. Entire towns were swept away. Iā€™m certain that among the lost things were state-issued IDs. Cynical me is waiting to hear whether the people in the disaster zones (which are, for the most part, red) will be required to show their IDs to vote or not. I expect not.

12 Likes

And of course, if he loses NC, be fully prepared for him to claim voter fraud by way of some of his campaignā€™s requests that were implemented.

3 Likes

No candidate contests the results where theyā€™ve won.

2 Likes

Elon knows nothing about how to get out the vote.

8 Likes

ā€œIt raises concerns both about whether theyā€™re playing politics with peopleā€™s right to vote." Dude, ā€œconcerns were raisedā€ in 2016. In 2020 those concerns were elevated and realized in a full-on violent attack on Congress meant to toss asideā€“not to ā€œplay politicsā€ā€“tens of millions of peopleā€™s votes. The public speech of Trump and his goons now in 2024 has left not a shred of doubt that they are ready to trash votes en masse again.

Not to pick on this guy especially. I wonder though where does this language come from, and how and why does it persist?

5 Likes

I hope DOJ nails his rearend.

10 Likes

Asheville is the largest population center in the area, a very Blue pocket within a sea of rural Red surrounding it. The county itā€™s in voted for Biden 60% to Trumpā€™s 39% in 2020. Itā€™s been heavily gerrymandered so it doesnā€™t have the power it should have in state politics, but in a national election those Dem votes matter. Itā€™s not enough to completely balance the surrounding rural Red voters in western NC, but itā€™s important to Dems.

So Iā€™m glad to hear about this measure to improve voting access. it needs to be watched very carefully to make sure Asheville is getting equal treatment compared to other affected areas.

9 Likes

who you pretty much know what heā€™s saying

Pretty much is an interesting caveat. Almost like this idiot knows that the stale, backwards, totally useless talking point doesnā€™t even apply anymore, since the old bastard doesnā€™t make a lick of sense these days. But itā€™s her with the communication problem. Fuck these fucking stenographers of our doom. Tur probably nodded along too.

5 Likes

And this is why everyone needs to remember, all the time: Elon is not one of the engineers at SpaceX. Heā€™s just the dumbass with the $$.

12 Likes

Um, Trump contested Michigan in 2020. He lost here.

Never mind. More coffee.

3 Likes

Voter suppression plus a poll tax (notarizing a doc is free at your local bank, but if you are unbanked, notarization costs money). Make it harder for the poor, disabled, and those without transportation or who are working odd hours to vote.

8 Likes

The request illustrates a point from 2020. Only one or two of DTā€™s election cases actually alleged fraud (because they had no evidence to back it up). The cases they filed complained about changes which made it easier for eligible citizens to vote.

6 Likes