The Nevada Fake Electors Prosecution May Be Fatally Flawed

I have started automatically logging off then back in which seems to fix 90% of the problems in getting to the comments. Somewhat disappointed to see the other 10% of weirdness doesn’t seem to be improving at all.

1 Like

Here’s the really big problem – How does the Louisiana government deal with the “big one” – Thou shall not kill ?

In 2024, in an effort to resume Louisiana’s death row executions that have been paused for 14 years, lawmakers advanced a bill that would add the use of nitrogen gas and electrocution as possible methods to carry out capital punishment. And how about hunters, stand your grounders, State Law Enforcement, military and militias, idiots with guns everywhere?

And how about the abortion question?

I think we need some input from real authorities on this (not the SCOTUS), but a panel of Talmudic rabbis/scholars.

Can anyone here post the actual text of the Ten Commandments used in the 2005 Van Orden v. Perry ruling?

9 Likes

Sharing nature with native pollinators in Nebraska.

25 Likes
22 Likes

For Your Radar

Graham Allison and Michael J. Morell: The Terrorism Warning Lights Are Blinking Red Again

Makes you wonder if Putin will pull a false-flag terrorist operation here by using Chechens (to help Trump in the election, of course). The right-wing media industrial complex will of course spin the tale that it was Mooslims who sneaked across the Southern border.

15 Likes

Epic. Thanks for that lol

3 Likes

That love thy neighbor thing gets a little old when it involves a Trump.

5 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed the E. G. Robinson line, read in his best gangster voice…”Where’s your God, now, Moses.” ( I paraphrased )

8 Likes

My mom talked me into signing up for a recipe-exchange app this weekend, so I guess we’re gonna be swapping soup recipes this fall. I will make a point to send my spice dollars to Penzey’s.

15 Likes

So let it be written. So let it be done.

(Seriously, I am all for bringing capes/cloaks back as outerwear. Fuck coats.)

11 Likes

In my tucson suburban townhouse neighborhood we peacefully coexist with great horned owls, raccoons, bobcats, coyotes, collared peccaries, the occasional puma, skunks, ring-tail cats, rattlesnakes, king snakes, lizards (occasionally a gila monster) many many cottontails (food source), and doves (food source) and many other small birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians (nasty Colorado River Toads) many insects and an endemic terrestrial cone snail and what have you. No fish. Pity. It’s not uncommon to see a bobcat and her young patrolling neighborhood walls.

Tucson and Pima county encourage desert green belts. We have several such in close proximity to us.

It means that we have to watch out for our pets. The few night roaming felines don’t last long and small dogs are best watched closely during crepuscular hours.

We may have feral parrots here, but I haven’t seen any. Phoenix does.

https://www.audubon.org/news/when-it-gets-too-hot-phoenixs-lovebirds-turn-air-conditioning

I really hope that we can reintroduce our native Thick Billed Parrot to southern Arizona. That would be glorious.

15 Likes

We buy spices from Penzey’s and give them as Christmas and wedding gifts

12 Likes

They have stores all across the country, if you want to help brick and mortar.

Location | Penzeys

12 Likes

Ah, to be one of the fortunate few who’ve seen Trump shirtless!

5 Likes

https://www.rawstory.com/arizona-gop-withdraw-misrepresenting-military/

A Republican candidate should “immediately withdraw” from the Arizona House of Representatives LD-7 race for “misrepresenting his military service,” according to the local county’s GOP.

The Navajo County Republican Committee over the weekend called for Steve Slaton, candidate and the owner of a “Trumped” store, to remove himself from the race, saying he “provided an altered DD-214 claiming combat veteran status” and showed “qualifications and awards which” he has not actually earned.

32 Likes

Hopefully, this is the start of a trend against stolen valor.

20 Likes

What @tpr said. I recommend reading “About Us” and then “About Republicans.”

And, though a bit pricey, Penzey’s spices really are excellent.

10 Likes

“U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon spent much of Friday hearing arguments on whether Jack Smith’s appointment as special counsel was constitutionally valid.”

This reporter has just learned that Trump’s attorney filed another motion sometime ago, asking Judge Cannon to declare the constitution unconstitutional, and to appoint Trump as maximum jefe right away. Cannon has asked Jack Smith’s team to respond, and is expected to schedule a hearing on this motion sometime in August.

23 Likes

I don’t think they can show that now. There’s a lot of gay subtext in those old movies.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that!

8 Likes