The Most Unpredictable Presidential Election Ever?

Why are we here?
Trump should have been arrested 20JAN2021.
Biden had one question to ask himself: 'What would Lincoln do?"

Trump was investigated in 2018 and found to be criminally culpable. He then led a coup attempt.
The Biden decision: Restore Regular Order; Work within our institutions.
The result. Trump has suffered no consequences (and never will) and is now the top polling candidate for President! The AG, Merrick Garland, not only has not prosecuted Trump, but is arguing to defend him in court against defamation charges.

2 Likes

I had never heard of Comer until he was named the chair of the House Oversight Committee. He doesn’t seem to be up for the job, as in he’s not glib enough, and doesn’t know how to push the GOP’s storyline.

13 Likes

From the article:

A source connected to Trump told CNN they’ve heard rumors that the former White House chief of staff, who’s advising Republican lawmakers during the ongoing debt-ceiling negotiation

Bolding mine. Why is this not getting wider coverage? Reading the MSM, one would get the impression that Meadows has gone completely off the grid avoiding (or maybe co-operating with) Jack Smith. Masterminding a debt ceiling breach would seem to be worth mentioning.

34 Likes

Politicians are always ranting about out-of-state influences but when their goals align their song changes 180 degrees.

9 Likes

The GOP in the Ohio legislature do not trust the voters and by extension do not support democracy. The tiny two business burg where I grew up in SW Ohio was and is a very red place. I never saw a yard sign supporting a democrat. John Boehner only needed his own vote to get reelected to the House. I can see the lure of big money for state politicians. Changing the state constitution so to limit the voter’s will is not gonna go over well even with hard core republicans locally as a super majority cuts both ways.

14 Likes

Where to start? That is one target rich environment of really disturbing potential outcomes. The part that I find really troubling is the notion that there is actually a constituency for letting 14 year olds work in bars.

16 Likes

you have to buy a subscription to find out what the 4 forces are…it ‘pay to play’ time.

5 Likes

Elmer Stewart Rhodes is being sentenced this morning. Prosecutors are asking for a terrorism enhancement. Brandi Buchman and Roger Parloff are there and in the media room and will be live tweeting.

From Brandi:

Oath Keeper founder Elmer Stewart Rhodes is now in the courtroom. He is wearing a prison-issued orange jumper. He’s got his black eyepatch on and his head appears closely shaved. Right now, he’s seated, rocking back and forth in his chair talking to his attorney James Lee Bright.

26 Likes

OK, so they’re unseriously considering it. That doesn’t mean they won’t “Make it so.”

1 Like

35 Likes

Felicitations!

3 Likes

Is Elmer in shackles as well? THAT would make my morning.

14 Likes

Well nothing draws eyeballs like a good shitshow. Talk to Les Moonves if you need an explainer.

9 Likes

Trump, if he can’t be POTUS… wants to be a martyr…why should DEMS help him with that…let him ‘stew in his own juice’

1 Like

In any other time in my life, it’d be a joke, a cheap one off for the giggles about its inconceivability.
Seriously: we’re talking about a man whose been charged, and will likely be charged, with cheating to gain the office, will likely be charged with coup plotting, will likely be charged under some variant of the Espionage Act, who has clearly violated his oath of office and who was all but maliciously incompetent in discharging his duties.
And still, 25%+ of the country’s people will vote for him again, come hell or high water, and there may be enough other folks out there who can be persuaded to give him their vote and the presidency.
And those 25%+ of the people, as well as the party they congregate in, have no commitment to democracy or its institutions.
“Wll be wild!”

10 Likes

“Please clap!” Just with 300k people on Twitter.
I attend work related meetings on WebEx and Zoom that are far smoother and without technical difficulties.

16 Likes

Perhaps an oversight on Comer’s part?

7 Likes

I agree with David Kurtz in the opening of the MM that this isn’t a good time to make predictions. The big unknowns, as David pointed out, are potential health issues for both Biden and Trump that could upend the election.

The only prediction I’ll risk, is that I don’t think the pending indictments or the NYC trial will hurt Trump in the primary. He’ll probably manage to delay the NYC trial, and the pending DOJ and GA indictments won’t go to trial before the primary is over. His base will see those indictments as illegitimate political attacks, and the rest of the not-Trump GOP will be forced to defend him in case he wins the primary. Or in the event of an acquittal at trial. We have to remember that’s a possibility.

It’s going to be a wild ride, whatever happens. I just hope Biden stays healthy. He can win against Trump or DeSantis. I’m not so sure about Harris. She would be a good President but she’s not a good campaigner.

10 Likes

fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency… and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

18 Likes

Park Police Used Excessive Force Against Journalists

Surprised that it wasn’t mentioned that this incident was when Donnie and his bois decided to stroll down to St. John’s Church so he could hold up an upside down bible.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available