The Most Unpredictable Presidential Election Ever?

" As we sit here 18 months before the next presidential election, …"
Therein lies the problem.

3 Likes

It always has been thus; even before the Reagan era; before the Nixon era; before the automobile, before the steam engine, before the horse; before any old era was officially era’ed.

24 Likes

It could be they’re not thinking about getting the most votes, but rather, organizing acts of revenge. He’s good for that.

14 Likes

Today’s GOP: no to immigration, yes to child labor.

16 Likes

Lauren Witzke seems nice.

4 Likes

I really don’t care, do u? :wink:

38 Likes

So what are these mighty forces? There seems to be a pay wall. For me anyway.

10 Likes

CNN —

Ron DeSantis’ campaign launch fizzled like one of Elon Musk’s early rocket prototypes.

The Florida governor has been preparing for months to run for president, but his official campaign launch committed a cardinal political sin – offering his opponents, especially ex-President Donald Trump, an opening to turn him into an object of ridicule.
… … … … … … …

Wait… since when have goobers in the Era de Trump had any sort of sin that screwed up a campaign? After all the leader of the goober pack is under criminal indictment with more to follow and he has been cited in civil court foe sexual abuse of a woman… That otta rate as a “cardinal sin”. It sure as hell does in mine.

15 Likes

Be Best lady tightened the screws on her husband. And I believe she’s still planning on getting her kid out of the country, for the foreseeable future.

19 Likes

Rob DeSantIS broKE the INternET!

38 Likes

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ( R ) launched his campaign alongside Elon Musk…

The best part of DeSantis’ failed and apparently broken campaign launch was President Joe Biden!

Untitled

54 Likes

The real winner in the DeSantis/Musk Campaign launch fiasco - Florida Governor Ron DeSantis!

11 Likes

No Dear GOET, the microphones quit when they heard the pitch of DeSAntIS’ voice.

10 Likes

Witch?

5 Likes

Shouldn’t be I achieved it

I went to the weed store the other day and came back to realize the packaging was all ULine. Sigh…

9 Likes

There are GOP base voters and there are American oligarchs. The base likes Trump because he allows them to be the racist pieces of shit that they are, with no shame. The American oligarchs like Trump because they can control him with money and flattery and he will bring them the fascist state that they’ve been working towards over the past half of a century (more, really).

This is why they’re going with Trump.

34 Likes

When even Hannity knows it Bullshit

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) struggled to say whether the FBI had one or more informants in an interview on his Biden family investigation, a probe that’s yet to offer evidence to back GOP claims that President Joe Biden engaged in “influence peddling” before his administration.

Rep. James Comer Struggles To Give A Straight Answer In Awkward Fox News Moment (msn.com)

sounds legit pic.twitter.com/LEpwyazhQB

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 25, 2023
20 Likes

Hey!! I went to the dispensary yesterday also too!
One of the budtenders was wearing a t-shirt that said “Boobs Not Bombs”.

15 Likes

It’s easy, he only needs a plurality. For him that is almost built in now. Say he has %40 of the GOP primary voters, another candidate will need to get need to get nearly 2/3s of the remaining GOP voters to beat him. There is no one in GOP land that garners that sort of support. It’s always seemed like the other candidates were running for VP and not running against Trump, with the exception of De Santis who if he intended to run for VP screwed that up too.

If your question is can he win the General, probably not but that wouldn’t really matter. Bidden won’t get %99 of the vote and in the Trump voters mind it would mean the election was stolen. The fact that sane people would think that a %99 victory indicated a rigged election is irrelevant, they seem to have gone fully authoritarian. In authoritarian regimes the leader can only win by crushing their opponents. They won’t view any result as legitimate unless another authoritarian crushes their authoritarian.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available