The Most Sought-After Capitol Insurrectionists Remain At Large | Talking Points Memo

I would agree.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Measure the height of that trash can on the corner. It looks like it comes up quite high on the suspect’s body. Boebert is 5 ft tall, 100 lbs supposedly.

9 Likes

Glad to see that I’m not alone in thinking that

5 Likes

It would be irresponsible not to speculate.

15 Likes

Thought bubble over Jen’s head:

“You may think it’s a big story, but that doesn’t obligate me to rearrange our policy priorities and message just so you can have a soundbite.”

34 Likes

Get “Scallops” too - he’s a super violent orc.

13 Likes

Oh good, I wasn’t imagining it.
Then again, if the person was smart (rolls eyes) enough to plant a couple decoys to get a bunch of police away from the Capitol, they might also have the presence of mind to walk like that on purpose. (this 200lb, stocky white dude can’t dance, but has been told his sashay is a bit disconcertingly convincing.)

3 Likes

Anyone check the van, down by the river?

7 Likes

I like the way he said that. I really do.

8 Likes

Likely weren’t decoys. Planted way too long before the actual events, no real reason that they weren’t found earlier in the morning, which would have not resulted in diversion of resources at the critical times.

5 Likes

And, to this point, all I have to say about Psaki and her M.O. is based on having been married to a very effective secondary school teacher who knows kids.

Throughout the Post Inaugural phase we are now going through, she has likened Psaki (and, indeed, all the Democrats having access to communicating to the public) to a patient, tolerant schoolteacher watching (looking at a distant playground with monkeybars, swings and the rest) some extremely bratty children shouting and screaming at each other and to the out-groups they’re mad at that day.

17 Likes

This is a case for Criminal Minds.

First, we have to do victimology: what do the targets of the violence tell us about the unsubs?

Second, we need to do a geographic profile. Where are the unsubs’ likely hangouts and safe spaces? This is a simple matter of distinguishing between where the crimes occurred and where they didn’t occur.

Third, we need to look for signatures, those unique markers that accompany each crime scene. In this case that would be zipties, bear spray, use of flagpoles, scaffolding, and other items at hand for weapons.

Fourth, we need to profile the offenders. They seem to be mostly white, male, bearded, driven and unified by shared ideologies of white supremacy, distrust of government, christian victimization and martyrdom, conspiracy theories, and susceptible to emotional manipulation and quick to follow authoritarian leaders. This cohort would tend to be into online gaming, the dark web, gun clubs, medieval reenacters, and eating meat. They would drive Dodge Ram trucks and enjoy hauling things around through streams and up hills.

We can use our understanding of these offenders’ motivations and habits to anticipate where they will strike next and obtain the necessary warrants for surveillance and searches.

Talk to their parents and current or former spouses. There must be some kind of triggering event.

Above all, if you see something, say something.

Okay, that’s about it. Wheels up in thirty.

4 Likes

For half that, I’ll turn you both in!

7 Likes

Jen Psaki has unerring radar to scope out incoming stupidity and…

15 Likes

The fire extinguisher in Photo #157 was carried into Statuary Hall and placed down on the floor there by an insurrectionist at 1:37:30 of this video from CSPAN. He then walks away from it. A few seconds later, another insurrectionist knocks it over and kicks it out of the way.

It seems unlikely that this is connected to the murder of Officer Sicknick.

2 Likes

Yes. She’s not at all combative, but very assertive. “No that’s not relevant. I understand why you want to talk about that, but we’re not going to talk about that right now. I’m not going to let you distract me.”

16 Likes

Caller: “I was wondering if…”
Recipient: dial tone

6 Likes

We are the SOROS twins, you know. Come for us when your alcohol level tells you…

6 Likes

Nice Jewish Space Laser you came up with. Does it really work?

13 Likes