The Fifth Circuit Is In For A Beatdown

Hello, it’s the weekend. This is The Weekender ☕

Come for the utterly unhinged conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic (it originated with snake venom getting spilled into drinking water!), and stay for internal feuding at the “Stew Peters Network” — a far-right media company that has peddled conspiracy theories, anti-gay hate speech, racism, and antisemitism — about who is paying for failed GOP Senate candidate Lauren Witzke’s car.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1489810
1 Like

Seems to me that the way to get ahead of election violence would be to go after those who are now falsely pedaling that there will be massive voting by in-eligible voters. There are more than enough of them out there, and they should be held accountable, but it will NOT happen.

17 Likes

TFG isn’t sleeping. He’s “shutting down” as a response to severe narcissistic injury.

53 Likes

No. No it doesn’t.

No, it doesn’t

50 Likes

Bannon needs to see an obstetrician.

33 Likes

Raskin is awesome

37 Likes

He’s gone with the fairies.

32 Likes

The 5th circuits only sin was messing with the money. It’s all OK until you mess with the money.

23 Likes

That’s where Rudy has been hiding to evade the court’s process server.

29 Likes

In Friday’s Morning Memo, we caught you up on the shenanigans of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito — who blamed his wife when the New York Times asked him about an American flag that was flying upside down outside his Virginia home in the run-up to Biden’s inauguration, a symbol that was also used at the time by “Stop the Steal” demonstrators.

53 Likes

“You’ll never take him alive, G-men!”

Ron Filipkowski

@RonFilipkowski

At Rudy’s 80th birthday party last night, Steve Bannon says they are not going to let the government put Rudy in jail, just before Rudy gets served with his Arizona indictment.

47 Likes

He must think Biden got the jump on him so now he’s got to propose more debates to reset the narrative.

22 Likes

I really expected that Rudy was going to lead the first of the dangerous MAGAt caravans of thugs and criminals and psychos, illegally invading Mexico to rape their women and children, and to escape justice for their crimes here in the US.

16 Likes

Yes. I think that’s what it is. If Joe and his team are smart, they’ll insist on sticking to the two. At which point Trump has two obvious choices. Insist on the 4 (so far) or pull out entirely. At which point team Joe responds “No loss to us.”

42 Likes

When Biden refuses to accept those new invented debates that Dotard is referring to, TFG will then come back and say “It’s all or nothing!” This way, the Dotard won’t have to participate in any debates at all.

27 Likes

Maybe he’s trying to reboot?

15 Likes

I’d like to think that, but I don’t. I think he is tired and bored by having to sit there and hear everyone blabber but himself.

He reminds me of toddlers throwing their tantrums, and they get so out of control, on the floor, screaming and pounding their arms and legs, their entire nervous system goes into overdrive. And, suddenly, in a hearbeat, as if a fuse in their brain blew, they were asleep (but not dead.) I hope, eventually, this will happen to DJT Rump, but, rather than blowing a fuse or a circuit, it will be an actual blood clot that does him in, sincerely, decidedly, certainly, and eternally dead.

26 Likes

Having no audience at the 2 accepted debates will be a win-win. Joe will get his wish of no audience, and TFG will regardless claim an audience of 10,000 supporters. And then hopefully he’ll try body surfing his imaginary crowd.

14 Likes

So Bannon is a marsupial?

13 Likes

I’m going to repeat myself, but why is Roberts’ wife getting a pass on her shenanigans? Sure it’s not the same as participating in Jan 6, or flying the flag upside down (intended as a distress signal) before the inauguration. But it’s a pattern of behavior. Conservative justices spouses behaving in ways that may not be illegal but cast doubt on the integrity of the Justices. We talk about these two, but there is a third. I’m waiting for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh’s wives to come out with “I don’t really care. Do U?” jackets. Sure, it’s not illegal, but it tells you exactly where the families loyalties rest.

32 Likes