The Craziest Moments Of Cassidy Hutchinson’s Account Of Jan. 6

The Jan. 6 Committee just finished a groundbreaking hearing with Cassidy Hutchinson, a former top aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows who interacted with top White House and Trump campaign figures in the days leading up to the Capitol attack, and during the attack itself. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421959

"The road to fascism is lined with people telling you to stop overreacting."

37 Likes

It’s also lined with ketchup splattered from a plate thrown by a man-child having a tantrum.

25 Likes

Actually, it was taco sauce, aka “alternative ketchup.”

4 Likes

She focused on Trump’s rage upon learning that the immediate crowd area around the stage at the White House Ellipse — the part that was surrounded by metal detectors — was not full because people in the crowd had weapons and could not go through the magnetometers with them.

I always get so confused by the metric system. Is a magnetometer smaller or larger than a MAGAmeter?

12 Likes
14 Likes

There will be more shoes to drop. Many more shoes.

The “pardon list” seems to be up to 8. My guess is that by the time this is over, we’ll know the names of at least 50 or 60 who were seeking pardons.

We’ve yet to see any of the footage from the documentary film.

We’ve yet to see the first several takes of the video Trump made after everyone around him told him he had to do something.

And we’ve just gotten a tiny whiff of what might be the easiest crime to prosecute: witness tampering.

26 Likes

Even many of the MAGAs that went through metal detectors into the ellipse were armed for violence. They were willing to give up brass knuckles, knives, blunt instruments, pepper spray, etc. just to get closer to their Chosen One if I recall her testimony correctly. That entire crowd was prepped for a physical assault.

I wonder what happened to the ‘low level’ weaponry once the speech was over. Did any of it end up back in the hands of the mob as they began their march to infamy?

6 Likes

I loved Bennie Thompson’s closing statement today. If you are suddenly remembering something or are finding a bit of courage, the committee is still open to your testimony. Basically putting them all on notice that they already have the goods and it’s time to come clean.

25 Likes

I understand that Iwanka’s Cuck Kushner, who was in charge of the pardons s**t show, thought they were whining and losers for not overthrowing the election. His dad who was convicted of blackmailing his brother-in-law having sex was clearly more deserving of the pardon.

4 Likes

Innocent people do not threaten witnesses that they are watching their testimony and expect loyalty. Tampering is a huge tell that you know you’re in deep trouble and are willing to do anything to keep from being held responsible.

Witnesses who have been threatened should come forward and speak…Hutchinson just did that, it’s time for others to do so. Their duty as American citizens supersedes their loyalty to Trump and his minions, and it’s well past time for them to do their duty.

21 Likes

edit
I am not a lawyer but I do think the testimony today revealed what trump’s “criminal intent” was and why it was as it was. It also revealed his state of mind which was , shall we say, less than statesman-like. It is not good policy to attack a federal officer doing his protective duty. trump could be indicted for that alone I expect. Hutchinson was very courageous today. And she blew the lid off the right wing spin factory. I expect trump is somewhat less than sociable right now.

17 Likes

Thanks for that clarification; I assumed “ketchup” meant he was eating a charcoal briquet-like steak.

1 Like

Garland : we need more evidence!

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I believe the dad set up the brother-in-law too, and then blackmailed him

5 Likes

We see, the Secret Service and driver have come out with a statement disputing Hutchinson’s under-oath recounting of t-rump’s behavior in the car. What is quite telling is; they have not denied her testimony but denying something different - and hoping no one will notice:

They say that Trump did not “assault” anyone or try to take the wheel. Hutchinson said neither of those things. (This isn’t a matter of semantics or difference in perception. )
I’m sure hoping that Liz Cheney picks up on what that’s two are attempting, by slowly reeling them in… under oath.

13 Likes

runfastandwin - “We need more cynicism!!”

It wouldn’t be HER lying. She was told the tale by someone who was in the car.

She wasn’t there.

Which means these assholes need to come in and testify, under oath, and tell what THEY saw.

That’ll shut their filthy mouths.

15 Likes

They did not dispute what she was “told”.

Which can be added into your comment.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available