The Coup That Almost Succeeded - TPM – Talking Points Memo

That’s what I love about you Matt. You are consistent.

5 Likes

Even in some things I maybe should change. :smile:

13 Likes

We all could use a change. I’m in for something tropical.

7 Likes

Hutchinson and 9 others were subpoenaed In Nov 2021.

13 Likes

Oh man. When you get there and see those colors for the first time again—the greens, the blues, like the whole ocean is emerald and sapphire. So beautiful. And the liquor stores have about two dozen brands of high-end rum. Yeah.

6 Likes

I think non-candidate Trump could help beat him.

21 Likes

It is for TFG.

11 Likes

Mr. Seismograph Signature is really reaching there.

20 Likes

Josh

40 Likes

She’s a 25 year old woman who was fresh out of college when first became a congressional staffer. I’d hardly call her a hardened anything. If she were trying to save face or neck, I doubt she’d have testified in public or so cooperatively. Also, we have no idea when she first testified.

44 Likes

I hope you are right! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She said it was ketchup but it was really tomato sauce! How can you believe a word she says?

33 Likes

And so, the media should be relentlessly focused on the main point that trump knew and was pleased that the crowd was armed; save the-ketchup-on-the-wall type details that might be disputed for memes and parody.

16 Likes

Knowing ETTD, Im sure she was scared, nervous.
She did seem to be sweating.
Imagine what she was thinking.
Under bussing, nasty threats, 20 - 30 (?) Million people watching.
Yeah, scared. But For Sure Brave.
My sorry A$$ probably would have thrown up few times on LIVE tv. :drooling_face:

24 Likes

MTG’s diagram shows that only the president can open the glass partition. Of course he did it. And now Ornato is going to follow that rabbit hole. Who’s he kidding?

5 Likes

I heard it was red dijon mustard!11!

11 Likes

As the picture becomes clearer & clearer Mark Meadows looks more & more like a guy who knew that a mass murder had been planned … might have had apprehensions about it … but chose to do nothing (and certainly nothing to impede the process)… and let it unfold…
…cowardice… or malevolence … makes little difference as he worked to help reach the ugly goal.

17 Likes

They already knew that from previous reports, or strongly suspected. That’s boring, but the salacious stuff – compelling journalism.

10 Likes

Even before the J6 Committee, DeSantis seems more and more likely to be the Republican nominee. Not noted is the shift in the conservative media, away from Trump and towards DeSantis. Whether DeSantis is beatable in the general election depends on who the Democrats nominate. I suspect Biden won’t run again, but he won’t say that for some time. Much as I like Harris, she terrible at retail politics, and it is too easy to see her losing to the Republican nominee.

4 Likes

Just a scenario. Plus which I’m not at all sure Biden’s out. During the Great Fall, ironically enough, I noticed he seemed to have the arms and legs of a healthy, in-shape fiftysomething. Just as fit and strong as anyone could hope to be at that age. And before his feet tangled up in the pedals, he came riding in strong and sure. Of course age takes a toll on everyone, but the fee he’s paid so far seems very light.

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available