The Big Lie Is A Long Con, A Grift, And A Trump Family Biz Opportunity

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485773
2 Likes

46 Likes

And he can’t keep his mouth shut

64 Likes

So you’re saying the woman with the plastic face, and the man with the fake hair - they’re LIARS?!

40 Likes
32 Likes

Any wagers on how much TSF’s stock grift will close at Monday afternoon?

20 Likes

Puppy was UnhappY i maDe him stop climbing up the screen door.

53 Likes

Unsolicited advice for the Biden campaign: tie everything to abortion. When Lara Trump and the RNC/Trump tout the Big Lie remind voters that this dishonesty means we can’t trust Trump on abortion. When Trump goes on about the Jan. 6th “hostages” remind voters that if he can’t be honest with what happened on Jan. 6th, then we can’t trust Trump on abortion. When Trump goes on about immigration, remind voters that Trump stood in the way of immigration reform and this dishonesty proves we can’t trust Trump on abortion. When Trump goes on about restoring “law and order” remind voters that he’s broken the law over and over and this hypocrisy proves we can’t trust Trump on abortion. When Trump talks about NATO and Ukraine and Israel, remind voters again and again of his duplicity and this is why we can’t trust Trump on abortion.

Basically, every single issue or ‘pivot’ he wants to make should be seen as an opportunity to steer the conversation back to how Trump can’t be trusted so we can’t trust Trump on abortion.

91 Likes

Lost over $.5B in market cap this week.

44 Likes

The guarantor of Trump’s bond in the NYC fraud judgment is reinsured by a “company” that is just a shell-corporation version of itself. And the shell reinsurer is registered in the Caymans, making recovery impossible. I see no way that this meets legal standards for posting bond, putting Trump in default. Unless the state of New York begins seizing properties forthwith, Trump will have de facto evaded legal judgment.

The “legitimate” financial oligarchy of the US (Jamie Dimon, et al.) is shady enough; Trump has thrown in with, and made a part of his electoral coalition, the explicitly criminal element of that oligarchy like financial predator Don Hankey. They are as much a part of the Trump GOP as the neo-Nazis and the Christian extremists.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-bonds-cayman-connection-stinks-to-high-heaven#:~:text=The%20company%20that%20saved%20Donald,will%20ever%20see%20the%20money.

94 Likes

What is even better than being a Jeopardy question is that the first contestant knew the answer!

Would have hated for one or all to miss the answer.

Have a great weekend.

98 Likes

As some pundit or another pointed out some years ago… Mr. Trump has the right to remain silent; what he lacks is the ability.

63 Likes

“TPM On TV”: Congratulations to you and your staff. Well done. I’ve been reading TPM since I saw about its existence in a NYT OP-Ed article when your reporting angered some Republicans who tried to kick you out of the Press hearings and Democrats pushed to get you reinstated. It’s been a wonderful ride - now please continue. We need your efforts more than ever. And for $1000 as well…

72 Likes

TPM On TV

This was a pleasant surprise yesterday. Entering the zeitgeist via Jeopardy!:

Here’s the video pic.twitter.com/sJSraPtXo5

— Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) April 12, 2024

So flipping COOL!!!

56 Likes

TPM

The question is Who’s Got Kitty Kats!

57 Likes

And now we have to guess as to which one of us that was. LOL. My money’s on @castor_troy

33 Likes

I’m willing to risk it!

3 Likes

Monday 4/15/24 will be the best Monday ever.

30 Likes

It is indeed a shame that Barbara Lynn isn’t presiding over any of trump’s trials. She’s a damn fine judge, and Don Hill was a dime store hood compared to trump.

23 Likes

Well, that explains A LOT. :rofl:

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available