The Anti-Elitist Streak Continues: Rubio Dragged For Yet Another Trumpy Take

Leave it to Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) to get himself roasted once again for misguided tweets parroting President Trump’s poor attempts to paint himself as a populist.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1351159
1 Like

I never get tired of these stories where people respond to Rubio’s stupidity. Or any other Republican’s, for that matter.

46 Likes

Floriduh Man sez wut?

Maybe he’s heard rumors the Lust Object is going to primary him and he’s trying to ingratiate himself once again with the Dotard.

He’s a pathetic phony, and an elitist by definition.

30 Likes

I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF PEOPLE MISREMEBERING/LYING ABOUT WHAT FAUCI SAID ABOUT MASKS!!! That is all.

47 Likes

We all knew “that kid” in high school who adopted the latest trend jussst as it was on the way out… then spent his or her time loudly chastising and marginalizing everyone who wasn’t on the same trend, like you were a huge loser if you didn’t wear the same clothes/like the same band/watch the same show. Marco Rubio is that kid. He’s earning about the same amount of respect with this bulls#%t; even the MAGA morons will mostly see through this.

17 Likes
The Anti-Elitist Streak Continues: Rubio Dragged For Yet Another Trumpy Take

Is he wearing two masks?

26 Likes

Love it when they try to be Trump…there is only one (thank God)

13 Likes

Or: the bubble where you went to the front of the line for a vaccine?

Oh, snap!

27 Likes

An empty limousine pulled up to the Senate and Marco Rubio got out.

53 Likes

Dr. Fauci lied about masks in March
Dr. Fauci has been distorting the level of vaccination needed for herd immunity

Fortunately for the country, we had the genius of Trump and the entirety of the GOP to immediately correct the lies and distortions of an apolitical expert on communicable diseases.

Many in elite bubbles believe the American public doesn’t know “what’s good for them”

At last count there were more than 74 million voters who still haven’t figured out “what’s good for them.”

27 Likes

His followers don’t read or even see the response tweets, so it is a win for him. It’s all about whether people can think and reason with facts. Clearly Senator Rubio knows his electorate and knows he can say anything without consequences. I feel sorry for the people of Florida, but they brought it on themselves (same with Texas and many other Red states).

As for me, I know of no reason that I will ever spend my money or time visiting Florida. I always wanted to visit and watch a rocket launch as well as visit the Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama, but cross those two off the bucket-list. I’ll just have to go elsewhere to watch a launch. Rubio, like the vast majority of other Republican senators, is a fraud. He survives because he counts on people not knowing much.

14 Likes

BREAKING: Man In Two Masks Who Got COVID Vaccine Condemns Masks and COVID Vaccine.

63 Likes

Looks like has a fabric mask over a disposable one. People who are extra careful about avoiding covid-19 are known to do that. So there’s what he says and then there’s what he does. Most of his schtick is simply “performative rubeism”.

ETA. He is an annoying little petty miscreant, isn’t he?

42 Likes

I can get 'em for you wholesale.

15 Likes

“Is he wearing two masks?”

Yes; one for each face.

65 Likes

I never get tired of hearing people dunk on Rubio.

ETA: I see @debg beat me to this sentiment right out of the gate. So let me just say I share your feelings. It just never gets old for me, but I am a simple man.

19 Likes

“Marco Rubio knows exactly what he’s doing.”

3 Likes

Dr. Fauci lied about masks in March

Dr. Fauci has been distorting the level of vaccination needed for herd immunity

Many in elite bubbles believe the American public doesn’t know “what’s good for them” so they need to be tricked into “doing the right thing”

I’m sick to death of these people. Dr. Fauci is our expert on the subject. I listen to him because I would have no idea what I should do otherwise. Inviting people to ignore expert advice and just yank a spare idea outta’ their ass is worse than stupid.

17 Likes

SPACE-X, Boca Chica, TX.

5 Likes

The Matthew Modine tweet is epic.

15 Likes