The Absurdity At The Heart Of Trump’s Historic Criminal Trial

As I understand it… back at the very beginning the per share price was $70. Now, I could easily be wrong. But the stock is bleeding heavily

13 Likes

37 Likes

Way to go Jerry Dean McClain. You pwned the libs…

54 Likes

DJT: 27.99. I’m not a stock trader, but do I see a trend here?

24 Likes

Will someone please convict this human turd wearing an orange balloon skin suit? Enough already.

11 Likes

Lordy, we have lots of tapes of Trump bragging about ending Roe v Wade and saying that women should be punished for having an abortion.
Those tapes will be repeated in Biden and the Dem’s ads.

45 Likes

His family isn’t happy about it.

5 Likes

Not sure I even want to link to it, bit there was a companion piece to the NYT/Marist poll yesterday that both frightened and irritated me.

Essentially the article is about how the electorate has shifted right, with more folks self-identifying as Republican since 2020, with understandably frightening potential consequences and a generally rosier picture of Trump’s time in office. The consequences of such an outcome weighed on me throughout the day.

But this morning it struck me that the entire article was based on their polling, which means all the assumptions were based on the weighting they chose to give to respondents.

So essentially they made a determination, perhaps valid but possibly quite suspect, that the population has shifted, and reported on what that means, rather than balancing the poll to known voting behavior, which not only would change the article conclusions but also the poll results.

If doing the latter, Trump’s reported 1-point lead might well flip to a Biden +3 lead.

I’m not in the business of poll sculpting to hear what I want to hear. Perhaps their suppositions will prove accurate. But the reporting strikes me as extremely reaching, especially 7 months before an election.

56 Likes

I find myself getting increasingly annoyed at all the commentary about this trial being a milestone as it’s the first time an ex-president has been charged with a crime. No it’s the first time a criminal has occupied the White House. The charging is just a side effect.

76 Likes

This is all a plot to take DJ’s money, perpetrated by the corrupt Biden crime family, George Soros and the liberal news media. Clearly, the stock market has been rigged. This is NOT the America I know. Keep selling your homes and emptying you’re retirement accounts. TMTG will bounce back just like TDIFFG, himself. It’s what White Jesus wants.

33 Likes

These Mormon women in Arizona are losing faith in Trump’s Republican Party : NPR

And his support continues on its downward spiral.

34 Likes

Another feature of our times is the symbiotic relationship between the tabloid star Trump and the press that covers and mulls over everything he says.

“This is so unprecedented!”

“Let’s ask him if he will leave office at the end of his term.”

“Guys, guys, we asked him and he said maybe yes and maybe no!”

“Let’s bring on Neal Katyal, Andrew Weissman, Lawrence Tribe, and Judge Luttig to give their takes on all this.”

“Don’t forget Michael Beschloss and Doris Kearns Goodwin!”

“Host: Just how unprecedent is this?”

“Panel: Very very unprecedented.”

30 Likes

How does one square the concept of American exceptionalism with the number of Trump supporters who have been conned?

21 Likes

Must have been totally traumatizing. I have been too rough on this guy, I understand him now.

9 Likes

Trump did not pay Stormy Daniels with checks. Michael Cohen wired the money from an LLC he set up for the purpose. Trump did pay Cohen back by check.

52 Likes

Well, isn’t it exceptional that so many have been conned?

I’d say that was a good definition of exceptional…

6 Likes

I keep reading “historic” as “histrionic.” Not far off, right?

21 Likes

47 Likes

I feel sorry for Mr. McLain. I feel more sorry for Mrs. McClain, who probably didn’t have a voice in the decision.

17 Likes

I think we know the answer to that question. This is more about how far the Justice Systems curtains will be pulled back. I still recall a judge in a rape case letting the white college kid off with a slap on the wrist because it would “harm his future.” Sure we were upset, but oh well. How about the treatment of 10 year old black boys as opposed to 10 year old white boys in the juvenile justice system. We know that some people are special, the question is how special are they. With Trump we’re getting that glimpse.

27 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available