Texas’ New Voting Restrictions Cause Spike In Rejected Ballot Requests

Can you simply re-register?

You are still registered, but you may have to vote in person if the application issues can’t be resolved. Some people can’t get to polling places easily, and some of us would rather not mingle with the unvaccinated MAGA assholes.

I haven’t seen a lot of information about what happens if your absentee ballot is “deficient”. This has the makings of a giant hassle for the counties (not to mention the voters).

The shortage of voter registration forms is inexcusable and would be unnecessary if Texas cared about helping people vote.

According to Chimene, this is one of the pitfalls of Texas being among the few states in the country that does not have online voter registration. Supply chain issues are not as big of a problem when you can just direct someone to a website.

ETA @ajm I haven’t seen any indications that a replacement registration would be allowed. You get to play Go Fish with the voting records clerk, I guess.

3 Likes

What I was driving at was whether there was a way to cancel your original registration with those numbers you can’t remember and re-register and base an absentee voter application on the new registration.

1 Like

Travis County Clerk DeBeauvoir, who is highly respected, was a target of corrupt AG Ken Paxton’s machinations. She had $70,000 in legal expenses, which ultimately the good citizens of Travis County paid. I’m sure that made Paxton and Abbott both happy, because they live to punish Austin-area commie pinkos.

2 Likes

Serendipity? A well hatched plan of supression? Whatever the case,fair voting and democracy are in jeopardy and the prospects to remedy in Congress are bleak.

This is a feature, not a bug.

It is a breach of the right of public accommodations - I hope there is a disability group that is suing . . .

1 Like

Just like religion used to be the deciding factor in whether two people become a couple, now it seems that political stances have become that. Even living with someone from the same party is fraught with problems, how far to the left (or right) is acceptable. Then there’s the in-laws factor including the crazy uncle you see only at Thanksgiving but knows libs are behind it all. Oy vey.

1 Like

Just like religion used to be the deciding factor in whether two people become a couple, now it seems that political stances have become that. Even living with someone from the same party is fraught with problems, how far to the left (or right) is acceptable. Then there’s the in-laws factor including the crazy uncle you see only at . Oy vey.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available