Texas’ Legislature Advances Sweeping Smorgasbord Of Right-Wing Bills

Are the operators of those leaf blowers Amuricans or from other places?

I live in a retirement community that was built by non-union, mostly non-citizens or even green-card holders.
The builders say they cannot get the labor in the numbers nor wages they needed.
True? I have no idea.

This hardly does justice to the number of these culture war disasters that are making their way through the legislature. For example, the assault on higher education embodied in SB16, 17, and 18. https://www.texasaft.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Texas-SB-16-17-18-analysis.pdf

2 Likes

Saw in a comment recently: Lone Star State – It’s a rating.

2 Likes

Interesting that the Texas legislature would apparently be unswayed by any argument against vouchers by Democrats. It’s only when they heard from high schools wanting to keep up their football program that any Republicans thought to weigh the consequences.

5 Likes

When Texas and Florida get rid of migrants by busing and flying them to other states, should those states have the right to enact sanctions?

3 Likes

Who needs to vote in Texas? It won’t count in some cities.
And who cares about education when ya got football?
LGBQT+??? Shoot 'em on sight
Local city council? Feh!! Fire 'em all!!!
And who the hell let them Mexicans in here??

And Bexar?
Look you guys, one day you are going to have to admit San Antonio exists.

3 Likes

Also… far,far more horses asses than horses.
And they’ve got a shittload of horses.

3 Likes

5.26 million Texans voted for Biden compared to 5.89 million that voted from trump.

Hating the whole state is no better than the idiots here that hate California and New York.

4 Likes

Sorry. Left Bexar out. My bad.

2 Likes

It’s not only sports. Rural school districts are often the biggest local employer.

That’s why - for now - rural GQP legislators have tended to vote with urban Dems to block vouchers.

2 Likes

I spoz you’re right. I withdraw my hatred, substitute annoyance.

2 Likes

Mayor Ron and Nelson Wolfe were right out there with the rest of the pack. And of course we have the Castros as well.

1 Like

Lots of real stupid looking dudes in cowboy hats. At first I thought it was a joke. I then realized that they are the joke.

4 Likes

Our current Texas Legislature is not known for looking before they leap.

4 Likes

All hat(s) as I see no cattle! Empty heads too

2 Likes

Texas clearly has a legislature full of ignorant pigs.

3 Likes

Yes. Seems like such a long time ago already.

1 Like

And there are plenty of these asshole cowboy hats all over Texass. Fuck em all is my thought.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available