Texas GOP Loses Convention Lawsuit

Man, Corpus got it’s own story in the New York Times on Sunday. That’s how bad the numbers are down here.

10 Likes

I suddenly had a visual image of a small gland located in an otherwise vacant GOP cranium. A ‘vestigial’ brain where residual sanity remains. It allows them to drive their cars, most of the time.

7 Likes

Using an Excalibur (a wrestling announcer) quote, “gotta give the people what they want”.

1 Like

Off Topic

He must be his own proof-reader.

14 Likes

Thank goodness someone’s leading by example here. Most people these days, it’s just me, me, me, don’t infect me, why should I be the one to die, nobody thinks of anyone else any more.

7 Likes

The entire Republican presence is similar to an outhouse in a blender on high.

Meanwhile, another grand moment.

14 Likes

It’s already a best-seller as the Koch’s, Mercers and Fox buy up presales - and store them in some vacant warehouse on the Mexican border.

5 Likes

Short answer: i don’t wish CV-19 on the worse person, but the majority of these knuckleheads think that its ok to be the Tori Spelling character in a Lifetime movie.

10 Likes

Straight to video pulp.

2 Likes

As a good friend of mine likes to say “I ain’t much but I’m all I ever think about.”

9 Likes

That favourite subject, Myself.

3 Likes

Someone explain: Why is Tex-ass GOP holding its own convention? Is this necessary? I have never kept up with conventions except the two national ones.

who is “…an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more; just wish he could have avoided the getting captured thing - it’s a blemish on an otherwise stellar career.”

5 Likes

Ah, 14 day quarantines. What a quaint idea. When was the last we heard anyone seriously talk about them?

5 Likes

Well, right now there’s not much point to them. With as widespread as it is, everyone acting like everyone else (and themselves) have it is the only way to actually manage it now.

9 Likes

I say go for it.

2 Likes

Much as there is a powerful sense of cosmic and poetic justice in the idea of R’s self-infecting with a deadly virus by eagerly participating in a mass gathering done for the most foolish and arrogant of reasons, this was a good decision.

My concern would be with all of the innocent people who would be infected once these foolish people got back from their orgy of self-congratulation and mixed into regular society.

7 Likes

That doesn’t mean we still don’t need individuals who have been exposed and/or likely been exposed to take themselves out of circulation for two weeks. We still do need that to happen – in addition to all the day to day mitigation strategies.

4 Likes

Problem being, and we’re already seeing it happen, is that, when a majority of cases aren’t being seen because there is no test, being responsible and getting a test becomes an undue burden on the individual and their contacts. Which leads to more people avoiding being tested or identified in the first place, and thus more spread.

We could have a system where the government is actively encouraging people to be tested and come forward, with things like providing money and groceries to enable them to stay home.

But we’ve got a stupid government who wants everyone back to work, so when people have to choose between a paycheck and no paycheck, guess what they’re going to do.

Most Americans don’t have the luxury of being able to just stay in their home for two weeks with no income.

9 Likes

Told you someone else was going to pay for the wall.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available