Texas GOP Loses Convention Lawsuit

Nope - its just a magic spell.

1 Like

He will tell Houston he will withdraw all Navy ships from Houston unless they allow the convention.

2 Likes

They decided it on narrow jurisdictional grounds. Remains to be seen how Trumpy they’ll be if they’re ever squarely presented with a COVID v. Freedumb case, but ducking the issue here is a hopeful sign of residual sanity.

8 Likes

He could mandate they get all their electricity from windmills, then they’d all die of cancer.

4 Likes

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

4 Likes

We shouldn’t be cheering the deaths of our political opponents because it’s wrong. Also, that space is fully occupied by the party who call themselves “pro life.” I really do wish the epidemic were more like proctology, where they who ignore the doctor risk nobody’s ass but their own. But it just isnt like that.

8 Likes

Maybe the TX GOP set themselves up in order to make Trump look bad. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Sometimes people who otherwise lack a shred of empathy change their minds when faced with their or their family’s own mortality.

4 Likes

Its breathtaking how quickly the lofty ideals of private property and individual freedom are shit-canned, when corporate deems something better for corprate’s wallet than what the right wanted to hear.

6 Likes

Should allow them to hold it, then enforce a 14-day quarantine on the center and everyone in it. Which resets any time a positive Covid test is found.

11 Likes

I’m cheering the deaths of my political opponents because they are trying to kill innocent people.

6 Likes

For me, the only upside of allowing the GOP to hold their convention would be the great opportunity to thin a corrupted and stupid gene pool.

3 Likes

Here’s a great moment from the WI GOP convention. Glen Grothman, state GOP rep spews all over the mic after yelling Trump’s name.

Warning: you may feel the need to take a shower after this clip. Not because of the coughing…just because Grothman is that big of a slimeball.

4 Likes

If they sue for damages rather than specific performance, who gets to choose the 1% of attendees?

2 Likes

If Abbott and Patrick and Paxton had been planning to be there in person I would have been sorry to see them lose the lawsuit but they were never going to be there. The hypocrites - especially Patrick who wants us to sacrifice ourselves to the economy but obviously isn’t willing to sacrifice himself - were never going to be in any danger. So fuck it - this is the right result for Houston.

18 Likes

ROFLMAO. Take that you ignorant fuckers. If you are so bound and determined to get COVID19, you’ll have to find another way. I hope you do and then pass it on to your entire family.

1 Like

I wish one of these court rulings would contain the line, “Look it’s not all about YOU. It’s about the people you’ll accidentally kill.”

3 Likes

More like all crazied up and nowhere to go. How disappointing it must be for people dying to see the pig’s head and worship the Lord of the Flies.

It’s like Burning Man for Texas Republicans. Don’t drink the yellow wine.

3 Likes

They are not trying to kill innocent people. The are actually succeeding at killing innocent people.

16 Likes

Bobby Jindal was right. The GOP is the party of stupid. They prove it every single day.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available