Texas Educators Propose Calling Slavery ‘Involuntary Relocation’

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

An advisory group of nine educators in Texas has submitted a proposal to the Texas State Board of Education for the state’s second grade curriculum that would teach kids that slavery was actually just “involuntary relocation.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1422319
2 Likes

The best part of June 2022!

37 Likes

Have A Good 4th Of July Holiday, Y’all!

66 Likes

I guess they thought that “peculiar institution” suggested something less savory.

21 Likes

Frankly i don’t think America deserves a birthday party this year.

True that. If nothing else for all the damn fireworks that scare cats and dogs and well all kinds of creatures, including human kind.

28 Likes

Ok Texas Ed board, whatever you gotta tell yourselves.
Its 2022 and you’re still scared of the Truth.

45 Likes

History In Texas

Now taught by the gallon!

download

63 Likes

Written in colors of the rAinBoW :rainbow_flag:

Mrs woman got such the smugA$$ face going on, eh.

15 Likes

’Involuntary relocation’

WTF???!! Seriously, there are no words.

59 Likes

And I saw a headline this morning that some benighted Wisconsin school district banned a book about the world war 2 (ethnic) Japanese internment camps.

@tiowally, @SheSellsSeashells

53 Likes

TBF, the truth makes them feel discomfort, and that’s illegal, dontcha know.

21 Likes

26 Likes

I wonder if the Texas educators also want to call white slavery (human trafficking) “involuntary dating?” If not, why not? Skin color?

48 Likes
  • It was a good day for Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, who surely did his EPA-gutting momma (who served as Ronald Reagan’s EPA administrator) proud with his vote.

Oh, so he’s a momma’s boy. :thinking:

17 Likes

Gotta start registering as Republicans and voting these off-the-rails rightists out of the primaries. The only defense is keeping them TF out of any sort of power.

9 Likes

Summer is here. Canada Day is today. The Fourth on Monday. Does anyone need sandals?

20 Likes

It’s not that racists don’t want to acknowledge the past so much as that will lead to having to acknowledge the present.

44 Likes

Then how will they redefine lynching?

“An early promotion to heaven?”

36 Likes

Happy Canada Day @garrybee and all the other Friends to the North here. :maple_leaf:

And That’s a Hard pass on the sandals.
Pathetic ruby G.

23 Likes

I hope she’s delivering some side-eye to that mofo Alito.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available