Texas Educators Propose Calling Slavery ‘Involuntary Relocation’

The anticipated price of Rudy’s legal defense just keeps rising.
You know, inflation.
Now, the man’s gotta take on a second job just to make ends meet.

12 Likes

It was better than the original “Free Cruises” that they had considered.

34 Likes

Is Rudy also selling socks to go wear with those sandals? Sandals worn with socks would fit his personal “fashion” sense and be right up his alley.

12 Likes

I grew up in the east and never remember one word in the history books about those camps. It wasn’t until I moved to the NW in the 70’s and eventually started learning about what happened. Needless-to-say, I was shocked.
Years later visited the camp outside of death valley. The rural community I was living in then had had a lot of Japanese farmers and in the 2000’s there were still a few.

35 Likes

“involuntary relocation.”

Word games. That’s all they have.

19 Likes

Can’t go back to “the good old days” if they (the good old days) never existed and were really the figment of someone’s imagination.

13 Likes

Awww, did Biden really think calling for a filibuster carveout to protect abortion rights yesterday would in any way convince Sens. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) to loosen their grip on the filibuster? That’s adorable.

That was Biden’s call to elect two more Democratic senators in November so that the filibuster can be overturned, no?

26 Likes

Texas Educators Propose Calling Slavery ‘Involuntary Relocation’

I tend to be a bit more direct than the Texas Educators… I propose calling them ASSHOLES

19 Likes

Funds from the $250 Mil Stop the Steal defense fund grift not available to Rudes?

9 Likes

Sure there are: Whitewash and Cover-up are all good words.

So is fucking lie.

Just for the record, Texas, involuntary relocation is my parents moving me from Bakersfield to Riverside in the middle of my junior year of high school. I got moved despite presenting reasonable alternatives that would have allowed me to finish out my junior year, and no one ever bothered to explain why my reasonable alternatives were deemed unacceptable.

Buying and selling people strange to you, and inflicting corporal punishment upon them, and keeping them in chains is slavery. Yeah, there is involuntary relocation going on, but that is just the start of the problem.

50 Likes

“Cervical realignment.”

20 Likes

How would you feel if you threw a birthday party and nobody showed up? For me, I would need to reevaluate my life.

5 Likes

Bakersfield and Riverside? To-mat-o, Tom-at-o. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

You’d have all the cake and ice cream for yourself. Just sayin’…

4 Likes

Yippee. Diabetic coma … here I come.

5 Likes

Or so you imagine? :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

I grew up in Hawaii and California. It was kinda- sorta- addressed in Hawaii (this thing that happened on the Mainland), but I didn’t really learn about it until I was in college and took a 20th C US history course. As I recall, we spent about a day on it. It was covered in supplemental reading, because the textbook approached Korematsu about like the Hawaii public schools did.

21 Likes

Sinemanchin

Add two more (D) Senators to the roster and we can make this moniker go away. Warnock’s polling numbers are impressive with a full ten-point lead over Walker. That race has been a concern since Warnock squeaked into office two years ago. On the other hand, I am dismayed that 45% of voters polled think that Walker is fit for any office of the public trust.

28 Likes

Just so you know that “STUPID” isn’t an exclusively American phenomena.

Ottawa, yesterday.

38 Likes

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available