Ted Cruz Can’t Believe A Lawmaker Is Trying To Legislate Away A Man’s Reproductive Rights | Talking Points Memo

A law requiring vasectomies? Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will not stand for this blatant violation of a (male) person’s bodily autonomy!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291634
1 Like

In Ted’s case I suspect atrophy would negate the need for a vasectomy.

19 Likes

Why just starting at 50? Why not 25?

9 Likes

Cruz laughed off suggestions that he had been living without testicles since Donald Trump castrated him in 2016.

“Everyone knows I lost them long before that,” he explained.

53 Likes

Hey, if similar legislation is good enough for women ….

32 Likes

“Alabama state Rep. Rolanda Hollis’ (D) bill requiring men to undergo vasectomies…”

A law to prevent more Alabamans?

I’m thinking, I’m thinking…

66 Likes

Apparently, senator Cruz objects to laws that do not allow him to make his own medical decisions. The hypocrisy is typical.

60 Likes

One of the funniest political scenarios to watch. These white Republican men, including my own women’s body obsessed senator BenSasse, propose any number of outrageous anti-abortion, contraceptive bans when they feel political heat. Now that we have more women legislators, who will no longer be cowed and silenced, propose contraceptive measures for men, we can sit back and enjoy the show…

58 Likes

And you have a Princeton educated senator who actually knows the irony of the proposals acting as if he does not. That is because it plays straight to the Trumpian base…

27 Likes

And he truly doesn’t sense in the least how darkly incongruous his position actually is. He can tell women what to do with their bodies and its associated functions but men cannot be told what to do with theirs at all. Hmmm…seems hypocritical to my ear but, hey, I’m one of those guys who just doesn’t get it.

13 Likes

6 Likes

Cruz just doesn’t want to experience the over-the-top pain in the post op period which lasts several days. Like being kicked in the cojones, they tell me.

10 Likes

That must be a really small jar.

8 Likes

I suspect the vasectomy bill is a form of protest, and I suspect Cruz knows this. His habit of gleefully misrepresenting things and making completely bogus arguments is an observable fact and not to my knowledge seriously disputed.

51 Likes

Nature is seriously falling down on the job in that department.

4 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaaat??? You want autonomy over your penis?

13 Likes

It’s only fair far as I can see. Then again I am well out of the reproduction game.

5 Likes

a vasectomy procedure “at his own expense” once he turns 50 or has a third child, “whichever comes first.”

Damn, I was way ahead of the curve.

11 Likes

I like the idea of a trans-urethral ultrasound being required for the male involved in every pregnancy. Women should be assured that their swimmer’s homes were healthy.

35 Likes

Is Ted really that outwardly stupid and misogynistic? Answer: Yes

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available