Tapper Slams Trump For Spreading ‘Deranged’ Conspiracy Theories

CNN reporter Jake Tapper blasted President Donald Trump on Sunday after the President retweeted a baseless conspiracy theory about accused child molester Jeffrey Epstein’s apparent suicide.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241820

And scene. There you have it—the mainstreamiest of the mainstream media saying as a fact that Donald Trump has directly incited domestic terrorists with fatal results.

78 Likes

The sad irony is that I find it perfectly believable that Epstein’s death was somehow the product of machinations on right.

38 Likes

OK, Jake. That’s a good start.

Now, MSM? How can you employ your EVEN VASTER network of contacts to help end this psychotic travesty?

40 Likes

:moneybag:

Maybe Tapper and other MSM’ers are just waiting for the “mushroom cloud” evidence.
[thanks for nothin’ ‘Condi’]

8 Likes

The crazy Uncle Miltie Presidency rolls on…although that’s doing a disservice to Uncle Miltie. He was just an ill-informed loudmouth. This guy is malicious.

7 Likes

Tapper’s asking for a tweet or or 50 from Donnie.

10 Likes

If I pull myself together, I can bring myself to forgive and forget those people who voted for this lunatic in 2016. But that benefit of the doubt has long passed, and there’s no good, decent or moral reason anyone should vote for this anti-Democratic, pathetic loon in 2020. He’s regressing by the day…and we have another 450 before election night.

48 Likes

Jake. it’s not nice to pick on the mentally deranged.

11 Likes

In Trump’s shit infested mind the only tragedy and horror was him not being the main story.

24 Likes

Okay, we got one cable news guy off the express train to Bothsiderburgh.

Anyone else?

48 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no real consequence to Trump of Tapper being mad at him.

10 Likes

Yeah… Donnie lives for stuff like this.

11 Likes

The media invented Trump and the media continues to profit from every outrage Trump engages in. The last thing in the world the media wants is for Trump to lose in 2020 because thy would lose money if he did.

7 Likes

48 Likes

Really! This is just Liberal Fan Service. Trump does Trump Supporter Fan Service. I don’t know why anyone bothers listening to anyone but Rachel Maddow, and I don’t even care much for her. She has good facts and presents them, that’s the difference. Jake is just doing the I’m Mad As Hell, Yes I Am. Way to be a Red Blooded Blue American Male.

7 Likes

The point is not to change Trump’s behavior–an impossibility. The goal is to make cowardly Congress-critters decide it would cost them to remain AWOL.

34 Likes

Our Intelligence agencies are in chaos, Kim is building new missiles while mocking us as we cancel joint exercises with South Korea, tariff war is exploding with China, more gun massacres this week leaving Americans shocked and devastated, and he’s rage-watching tv and tweeting libelous nonsense while raking in millions at a fundraiser sponsored by greedy billionaires.

This is the State of our Union today folks.

40 Likes

:fireworks:

My thought exactly: A Tapper opinion piece that didn’t include bothsidery or Republican talking points is almost a shock. I won’t say milestone though because that implies permanence; still, good to see.

17 Likes