Supreme Court To Release Trump Immunity Ruling

sadly, people will not wake the fuck up.

9 Likes

Nah, they just have to be a smidgen less a hair smarter than their supporters (ref: George Carlin - “Look how stupid the average person is, then consider that half the population is stupider than that!”) :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Leave it up to the thugs in the SCOTUS to do everything they can to miscarry the Constitution.

5 Likes

I don’t have to. I was doing the former before the latter haha. The reality is, the latter is only an assist…a step stool towards establishing the fascism they were going to climb towards anyway.

2 Likes

His gaslighting is astounding.

9 Likes

U.S. Const. Art. II, § 3, cl. ii, “[The President] may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper.”

By my reading, the President could convene both Houses of Congress, find that a “Case of Disagreement between them” exists, and adjourn them indefinitely, effectively suspending Congress, and nobody could do jack about it. Impeachment? Laughable. Setting aside partisanship, if a President caught wind of impeachment that President could adjourn Congress and not call them back until they agreed not to impeach.

13 Likes

Guaranteed “analysis” and snide, self-satisfied responses we’ll be treated to when trying to convince people they need to start taking this election more seriously:

“Welp, I guess you should start thinking real hard about whether you should join us in demanding that Biden step down.”

Biden should immediately begin abusing this decision in every way he and his army of attorneys can think of. No, I’m not fucking kidding.

12 Likes

“a tone of chilling doom that is wholly disproportionate…”

As a white male, I just want to observe that if my partner had not had a lot of infectious common sense, I might still be as absolutely lacking in common sense as the white male majority of the Supreme Court. Roberts, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Alito are just such clever, privileged whiz kids (again, what I was in a previous part of my life) that they assume their country club life gives them insight into the possible futures for which they have to prepare the country.

It doesn’t. They can’t even begin to foresee the awfulness that Bannon/Miller/Trump will unleash. I’d say they won’t realize it until the Novochok begins to attack their vital organs, but who am I fooling? They will never have enough courage to cross Trump and earn his enmity – they will be the Russian judges who didn’t resign when the legal system was effectively turned into an arm of the ruling party.

18 Likes

False. What they don’t see is how and why it’s awful. In fact, they consider it good.

THIS is what people need to start wrapping their heads around. There is nothing benevolent whatsoever about CJ Colorblind and the Fascist Five. NOTHING.

12 Likes

It’s definitely not the time to disarm themselves in the spirit of turning the heat down, because you know the Fed Soc dickheads are going to push every conceivable thread they can when they get the chance.

7 Likes

Not in my lifetime

“Sotomayor In Brief: ‘With Fear For Our Democracy, I Dissent.’”

That would be, Sonia, because “WITH DISDAIN FOR OUR DEMOCRACY, THEY DECIDED.”

14 Likes

I’m just happy that I won my wager.

I had said that this or any court shouldn’t be seen as a savior.

Roberts proved my case.

3 Likes

How does this ruling not undo their ruling on Friday in Chevron?

7 Likes

Pelosi: This is a insult to our founders who declared independence from a king

17 Likes

“Roberts doesn’t even seem to know, though his assertion that all of Trump’s contact with DOJ officials counts as “core constitutional” powers suggests a broad reading.”

Nope. Wrong conceptualization. IT SUGGESTS BROAD PLANNING.

This is being set up for Mango winning to result in the true and complete weaponization of DOJ, followed by SCOTUS decisions that shrug and call him immune, all while holding enough back from the decision in terms of an articulated framework that if Biden wins, neither he nor any Dem will have enough information about how it really works to do likewise.

It’s the immunity decision equivalent of “we’ll know it if we see it.”

10 Likes

God bless the Palestine protestors. May they end up being like Steven and Elyse Keaton.

However, they have a decision to make, because the current SCOTUS majority made theirs.

5 Likes

prof Tribe: For all practical purposes this is complete immunity

12 Likes

“Immunity can issue for Presidents under the majority’s model even for unquestionably and intentionally egregious criminal behavior,” - Jackson

Biden better seriously start thinking about using this immunity now to fuck up the radical-right (and Trump’s specifically) shit.

11 Likes

Give them what they want. Good and hard.

14 Likes