Supreme Court Makes Racial Gerrymandering Even Harder To Prove In New Ruling

The Supreme Court threw up yet more impediments to protecting minority voters under the Voting Rights Act Thursday — one of the conservatives’ most successful crusades and one that has already become a legacy of the Roberts Court.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1490325
1 Like

What I don’t understand is how partisan gerrymandering is any less onerous than racial gerrymandering.

32 Likes

All courtesy of the Greens and Bernie Bros.

3 Likes

I guess this makes it acceptable for Clarance and Ginni raise the confederate flag on their property.

14 Likes

“Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.” ― Paul Brunton, Healing of the Self, the Negatives: Notebooks

8 Likes

It isn’t. It is all part of the slaveholder theory of government. They don’t even have to pretend anymore - what a relief it must be.

25 Likes

The corrupt fucker needs to be removed.

14 Likes

Conservatives constantly stack the deck in their favor because they are not honest participants in constitutional majority rule democracy. Cheating is how they stay in control of the levers of wealth and power and exert minority rule on the majority.

15 Likes

Yeah. She gave speeches on Wall Street and got appearance fees.

12 Likes

Hopefully I can hear from Very Smart People how this is not reason enough for minority voters to support Biden.

23 Likes

“Don’t threaten me with the Supreme Court”

-2016 leftist dead ender trolls

“Thanks you petty little dickhead, now we get to threaten you for the rest of your life”

-Supreme Court

11 Likes

SCOTUS: lynchings are down, so racism is over.

22 Likes

If lynchings were still common, a Republican congress would pass a law forbidding the compiling of statistics regarding the practice

24 Likes

SCOTUS: lynching are ok if their for partisan reasons ( just say Democrat instead of the N word).

9 Likes

An insurrectionist is authoring majority decisions for the US Supreme Court.

My wife asked me last night, “Are we living in the Twilight Zone?”

I responded, “Yes, and Sam Alito is the gremlin destroying our airplane, mid-air.”

19 Likes

There’s…something on…the right wing!

15 Likes

I hope America does note that had Hillary Shrillery been elected there’d still be Roe on the books, this horrid decision would not be here, there’d have been no Jan 6, COVID deaths would have been half what was experienced and birth control would not be threatened. Just to start.

31 Likes

For me, the realization that the country can be captured indefinitely by a minority government and there is nothing we can do about any of it (except vote of course, but with difficulty…) is a hard one to fully absorb.

18 Likes

And let’s not even start thinking about where we’d be if we’d had President Gore; it’s too painful.

13 Likes

I sympathize, and in my more anxious moments I have the same thoughts. Rationally speaking, though, recriminations do none of us any good in the short- to medium-term. Long-term we may need to have a reckoning, but for now we need to focus on more immediate concerns or else we won’t have a long-term.

3 Likes