Supreme Court Lets Abortion Providers Sue To Block Ban

Founder & Editor-in-Chief:

Executive Editor:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1397742
1 Like

Anyone remember the poster here…many years ago (very Pre-Trump) who used to argue that RvW was a bad decision and should have been left to the states?

2 Likes

Here we go.

I can’t find my reading glasses. Wut up?

8 Likes

Now can everyone accept that the Supremes are total political hacks and there’s zero legitimacy left, or will we still have holdouts insisting that decisions are made on the merits of a case and we can’t predict the outcomes.

34 Likes

I’ve got my cheaters… but it’s not helping me, at all. I can’t tell what they’ve actually ruled on, other than that apparently Texans can’t sue county clerks over this law.

6 Likes

It says that while the US government can’t continue with its suit, abortion providers can.

17 Likes

Legalize kinda stuff. Something I don’t understand or even care to. Where’s our experts when we need them most?

3 Likes

Oh here comes one.

11 Likes

Yes I saw

2 Likes

Summary: Take it to state court, which is what I have been saying since the beginning of this bullshit. SCOTX is not gonna uphold vigilante standing because it can and will be turned against their sorry asses when this state flips blue within the next decade.

63 Likes

I so love having folks like @txlawyer and other legal eagles here who can separate the wheat from the chaff for us non-legal types. It’s worth all the money I pay to TPM for this.

52 Likes

100% this. Agreed!

26 Likes

We need a Supreme Court with minimal politics. This Court has been dirty since Moscow Mitch denied SCOTUS pick. Expand the court ASAP. Restore integrity.

21 Likes

“Legal eagles”

I must, as an amateur bird watcher, protest to the “eagle” metaphor as this bird is an opportunist carrion bully that all other birds hate.

18 Likes

If that’s the case, then it sounds like a somewhat clever ruling. Though based on some of the statements from people like Kavanaugh during this case, seems like it’ll come sooner or later

2 Likes

@geographyjones
Legal turkeys?

8 Likes

16 Likes

Hey, Ben Franklin wanted the turkey.

19 Likes

Thanksgiving would take on a more festive atmosphere if we swapped those out…

10 Likes