Stuart Varney Stretches Limits Of Sycophancy For Trump

There are no heroes in this cable news conflict.

On the one hand, there’s a sycophantic anchor bending over backward to defend President Trump’s truthfulness. On the other, a former Tea-Party-congressman-turned-Trump-critic trying to stake out the moral high ground.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1245710

Varney does work for Trump.

12 Likes

Now let’s talk Stormy

13 Likes

Varney is the polar opposite of Neil Cavuto. Varney is a carnival barker, and he isn’t even good at that.

10 Likes

Trump turns on Fox because its stats shop discovers that Trump loses to every leading Dem by 10 points or more.

Some Foxers fight back. This one tries to crawl even further up Trump’s butt.

There are no heroes in this cable news conflict.

Indeed.

24 Likes

Fox Business Network host Stuart Varney on Friday got into a mini-spat with former congressman and 2020 GOP contender Joe Walsh over whether the President has ever lied to the American people.

Oh, wow. I think even the “flat-earthers” have a better argument than the “Trump doesn’t lie” cognoscenti.

The “flat earthers” are like: yeah, we think you’ll fall off the edge of the world if you go too far, but at least we’re not insane like that bunch.

19 Likes

“The Washington Post’s Fact Checker team reported earlier this month that Trump has made more than 12,000 false or misleading claims since taking office.”

Yes, “false or misleading claims”. Wouldn’t want to use the word “lie” in their reporting. That’s too accurate of a description for a professional journalism operation to employ. It might get stuck in someone’s throat and choke them I suppose.

11 Likes

It’s amazing that Fox Business is even more sycophantic to Trump than regular Fox News. Varney is lying about Trump’s lies.

13 Likes

Things Neil Cavuto would never debase himself to do.

4 Likes

When Trump says bend over to Stuart Varney … well, you know the rest.

4 Likes

So now I have to root for Joe Walsh as the representative for truth, justice, and the American way? Will my nightmare never end?

23 Likes

When Orders come down, they come down. Truth is what The Leader Says.

This is a truthless construct of life. It is not going to go anywhere beyond the bloated carcass of ArchCriminal Trump. The pushback against Trump will see to that. Added to that is the revulsion he has engendered in more people than admiration in others

When he leaves, it leaves

12 Likes

I guess it depends on the definition of “lie.” I know my mother would have punished me severely if I “spun” or “exaggerated” the truth as Varney says Donald Trump has done. Of course, she didn’t see any difference between spinning or exaggerating and lying. Neither did my dad at least when it came to my behavior.

10 Likes

“I know people will roll their eyes if I say he was just kidding or was speaking in hypotheticals, but sometimes he is,” she told the Post. “What I’ve learned about him is that he loves this country and he’s not going to lie to this country.”

In this scenario “this country” is the USA and not Russia, right?

15 Likes

Why ah de-claire…

It looks like they are about to eat their own

Asshole vs DoucheBag
You decide

11 Likes

The “unVarneyshed” truth is that Trump lies and bullshits all the live-long day.

16 Likes

So now it’s OK for right wing republicans to talk about trump being a liar, but it’s still uncivil for democrats and newspapers of record?

7 Likes

“He exaggerates and spins,” but doesn’t lie.

Next time God needs to be more explicit.

6 Likes

Dear Stuart,

Roses are red, you are a liar!

4 Likes

I expect that we will hear more and more of this nonsense as the conventional wisdom becomes more and more accepted. Brace yourself for more aides, children, and sycophants start spinning this line.
So I suggest that along with “he lies” people also begin saying “And Hillary Clinton was right when she called him a puppet.”

1 Like