Stone ‘Will Do Anything Necessary’ To Reelect Trump After Get-Out-Of-Prison Card | Talking Points Memo

Trump ally Roger Stone is all-in for the man who kept him out of federal prison. In an interview published Monday, Stone said he would work to get Trump reelected after writing a book about “this ordeal” — in which the former Trump campaign adviser was convicted of witness tampering, obstruction and false statements to Congress during the body’s investigation of Russian election meddling.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320152

Like lie, cheat, and steal?

18 Likes

“I will do anything necessary to elect my candidate, short of breaking the law,” Stone said.

So…Roger Stone is saying he’s going to do less to help re-elect Trump than he did in 2016?

33 Likes

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore. This is like a tragedy masking itself as a comedy, while playing out like a fucking farce.

9 Likes

The FBI and CIA should closely monitor Roger Stone from now to November 3. He will break the law to get Trump elected. President Biden’s justice department should then prosecute him. Rather than facing prison, and with Trump no longer able to save him, Stone will undoubtedly cut a deal with the DOJ.

16 Likes

There will be lots of clever comments here, but all I am going to say is this guy should be in jail and I am not laughing.

24 Likes

“I will do anything necessary to elect my candidate, short of breaking the law,” Stone said.

Unless you can make the Corona Virus smurf out of existence and send the economy soaring to new heights immediately, not a chance. This time around people know you are a criminal and a lying malignant POS. The same dirty tricks will not prevail. Besides the people that would believe anything you say or do are in the states where the virus is running rampant and they will either be too sick to go to the polls because they despise mail in voting or they will be dead.

10 Likes

Looks like someone recognizes the precarious nature of his newfound freedom from accountability.

8 Likes

If Biden wins, Roger Stone will face justice.

4 Likes

Anything
Except Vote…among other things. Pardoned Not commuted asshole

When you are convicted of a New York state felony you lose many of the rights and privileges of being an American citizen:

• You may no longer vote (this is called “felony disenfranchisement”)
  • Exclusion of future purchase of firearms
  • You may no longer sit on a jury
  • You are excluded from welfare
  • You are barred from Federally funded housing
  • You are excluded from some operator licenses
6 Likes

From the “fight fire with fire” playbook, one wonders whether “anything necessary” might not work both ways. Within the law, of course. This administration and it’s fellow travelers have to be moved to the trash heap.

4 Likes

Stone is an attention/media whore. He loves every minute of this and fully intends to break laws in order to reelect Trump.

13 Likes

I think he rehearsed that line before he got his commutation.

2 Likes
  1. Stone claims he didn’t break any laws last time.
  2. Stone knows that if Trump doesn’t win, the definition of “break the law” will no longer exclude people who break the law to get Trump (or Nixon) elected and he will likely be back in jail.
4 Likes

Trump, Stone told Axios, “has an enormous sense of fairness and justice and mercy.”

Yes, whenever I think of Donald Trump, it is the depth of his empathy that first comes to mind.

10 Likes

Including martyrdom?
Stone is a perfect candidate to be an infantryman in Dan Patrick’s grandparents’ crusade

3 Likes

You’ve already done anything, Roger. I will bet a dollar that in the relatively near future, Roger will run afoul of the law again. When that happens, law enforcement will not be so complacent. Eventually, he will end up in prison.

4 Likes

“It’s not illegal if you don’t get caught.”

4 Likes

Stone ‘Will Do Anything Necessary’ To Reelect Trump After Get-Out-Of-Prison Card

Trump’s army of ratfuckers on the march…

D. All of the above.

I was convinced of his reinstatement to the campaign long before this commutation took place. Of course he’s going back to the campaign. Of course he is.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available