Steve King Wants Everyone To Apologize | Talking Points Memo

So Liz Cheney gets to look like she cares about his outrageous statements and says he should resign, but not for what horrible things he said. He should resign so a Republican replacement who’s not a lightning rod can be appointed to thwart so Democrats can’t retake the seat.

2 Likes

The 2018 election was a squeaker for King. The Dem that ran against him last time is running again. I would like to see another Republican challenge King, would make for a very interesting primary.

2 Likes

If I lived in Steve King’s district I would be seriously embarrassed. But I don’t so…

Mr. King, you brought this on yourself.

I suppose he’s aiming to have just one person at his next town hall.

If I lived in Steve King’s district I would be seriously embarrassed.

Only because he fell for a trap from The Squad. Or so the claim will go.

1 Like

Actually I read somewhere (can’t remember now, I’ll try to remember where and provide a link) that one of them was a Democrat with a hangover, and one of them was a consultant being paid by King’s campaign.

2 Likes

Isn’t Devin Nunes’ cow in that district?

4 Likes

Ah, here we go. Raw Story isn’t where I initially saw it, I don’t think, but all the info is here. And the second person besides the hung over Democrat was an intern for King. So one employee of King, and one hungover Democrat.

2 Likes

Yes, I get it - like I said, the man’s entire political career is an abomination. But this story is the mirror image of AOC saying “concentration camps” or anything Omar has said in the last 2 months. It is the hot click of the moment.

Obviously I clicked and read the story. And then I thought, for the 1000th time that Steve King is a completely despicable and very stupid person. I enjoyed the little outrage bump of adrenaline, but did I learn anything?

I would like to see Steve King and Joe Wilson in a caged, to-the-death match. Put it on PPV. The deplorables would love it. The Democrats–the only adults in the country anymore–would love it even more.

And the two in attendance were probably the press or oppo researchers.

Never trust a pantomime horse:

I think that was the point? Our hell bent to go to war president and his vocal cheerleaders would run the other way, just like the America First crowd. Go fight in Europe? What’s in it for us? Jerks, all.

1 Like

““Iowans are significantly more positive than they are negative, and they know it’s a misquote, and they know that the AP has, I’ll say, retracted the quote that they initially used because they relied on the Des Moines Register, who did the same,” King said, according to WHO-TV.”

And that’s why nobody at all except an extremely hungover student who is a Democrat showed up at his town hall. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The family farm is now.

So how much lead time was there between the announcement of the event and the event? King may have been much more interested in saying he had held a town hall than in actually having one.

2 Likes

Iowans are significantly more positive than they are negative

You just need to think more positively about rape and incest, like we do in western Iowa!

1 Like

And Dems won all three of the other Congressional seats. I know it’s not that big, but Iowa had both the biggest and weirdest swing in 2016, and it seems strange that nobody is talking about the fact that it seems likely to go back to the Dems in 2020. Even if Wisconsin is still the tipping point, it’s ground zero for “disaffected Trump voters come back to Democrats”.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you’re such a empty-headed windbag, Congressman.

1 Like

Judging by the photo of his townhall, that works out to roughly… (checking my math)… 1 person.

The rare instance of irasdad being wrong! When Miracle Whip became sentient, he was formed into Pence.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available