Steve King Wants Everyone To Apologize | Talking Points Memo

Town Hall??? :astonished:

That looks more like a town storage room.

I’m sure the two women in attendance made King feel uncomfortable.

9 Likes

'Steve!!!

Put the shovel down!’ - Republican Congressional Committee

12 Likes

I believe that’s only in Missouri (pronounced Misery).

17 Likes

That’s all he’s got!

:rofl: A million likes!!! At his age, his ability to reproduce would be long, long gone!

3 Likes

Not sure when it started, but the media seems to be in the business now of trying to find that one quote that serves as a smoking gun or a gotcha for a politician. It is silly, lazy and irrelevant journalism.

This man’s entire political career is an abomination - who cares what he said yesterday? It is part and parcel of what he said last year and what he will say next week.

Fits ”Panto-villain” definition very well. Of course, when 1/2 the audience thinks the panto-villain is the good guy, we have a serious problem.

9 Likes

Sure, King is a buffoon. But some of this right-wing obsession with population stems from fears of a century ago, when it behooved us to grow in order to counter Cold War threats, to stimulate the economy, etc.

We are in an entirely different era now. The Information Economy does not require huge numbers of citizens, like it or not. Which is fortunate, because our planetary resources are being depleted, and we will be in a better position to survive with fewer people.

I’m glad to see that our population growth is starting to level out. (Easy for me to say after siring twin daughters, I know.) But the official government position, if there ever is one, should be that our population is too great to sustain, and we should actively encourage fewer children, not more.

Economic integration and the Internet have made wars far less likely.

3 Likes

Steve King is what happens when Miracle Whip becomes sentient.

25 Likes

These two comments are related.

The first was part of a concerted effort to move the Window on the discussion exceptions on abortions…i.e., if they pushed saying rape is fine, then people will push back on that issue, and say there should be exceptions for rape in bills limiting abortions…

…while ignoring the fact that there is NO exception required for abortion. But that part got pushed aside.

Fast forward a few years, and that strategy was so successful, they are employing it more vigorously. Which of course, is key to these sort of strategies. Repeating the claims over and over so the public simply accepts it as the basis of the policy debate.

3 Likes

He got re-elected. Just like Duncan Hunter got re-elected after indictments. If there was an election today, he prolly would get re-elected. Extreme shithead behavior doesn’t matter to the deplorables. Amazing how many still don’t seem to understand that.

10 Likes

King argued: “GOP leaders all privately applaud me, since I say the stuff they believe, but out loud and unambiguously. Trump agrees.”

5 Likes

Steve King is sentient?

9 Likes

I think of him as a potato with stick arms and legs, but cantaloupe calves.

6 Likes

Keep talking, you psychotic motherfucker.

Just. Keep. Talking.

9 Likes

Just barely.

7 Likes

The man is a f-ing disgrace. Full stop. And clearly a moron. And a bigot etc etc.

The saddest thing; however, is that if (and that is a big if) his constituents wise up and turf him out of office King will almost certainly transition into the world of lobbying and make far more money than he did as a congressman. He will live a life of relative luxury and never suffer for all of the pain that he has caused with his words and voting record. He should be tarred and feathered and run out of town but he will Tom Delay and Ralph Reed himself back into the system.

2 Likes

Steve King Finds More Ways To Dig His Own Grave

Can we start a GoFundMe page to buy him a fucking backhoe?

5 Likes

It seems he’s already got a couple, which he’s using now.

3 Likes

You gotta break some eggs to make Mayonnaise.

3 Likes

To be honest I find this disappointing. That room should be full of people criticizing his comments and general attitude, not empty as if people are resigned to his idiocy.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available