Steve King Wants Everyone To Apologize | Talking Points Memo

Don’t expect an apology from Rep. Steve King (R-IA) anytime soon — in fact, he thinks he is owed one.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1243398
1 Like

Steve King demands to be taken seriously, world rolls eyes. Sad.

15 Likes

corinne_perkins @corinne_perkins

The scene at Steve King’s town hall today in Grundy Center, Iowa. Photo by Brenna Norman

View image on Twitter

3:21 PM - Aug 17, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

8,737 people are talking about this

34 Likes

If he was misquoted, what did he say? Did he tell us?

No.

Do you believe him?

Neither do I.

18 Likes

…I thought that women’s bodies had ways to shut down that whole pregnancy risk thing when it was legitimate rape, so aren’t King’s comments off-base anyways?

20 Likes

#GFY. There’s your apology.

5 Likes

Those who victimize many times view themselves as victims when they are called out. It is part of their pathology. Trump is exactly the same.

8 Likes

20 Likes

Useful “Britlish”

Pantovillain (Panto-villain, Pantomime Villain).

“A pantomime villain is the sort of villain you would encounter in a pantomime, a form of traditional British Christmas entertainment. The point about pantomime villains is that they are ridiculously overblown. This is done deliberately and for comic effect in an actual pantomime, but in a more serious drama a “pantomime villain” implies a villain who is meant to be a credible threat but is so over-the-top that they are hard to take seriously.”

16 Likes

Real headline should be…

“Republican acts like a Republican”

Or

“Embarrassing excuse for a human being speaks words”

9 Likes

:grin:

7 Likes

OK, Steve. You got me. I will apologize.

I am sorry that you are such an insufferable asshole.

There. Feel better?

19 Likes

When did it become a point of pride to never apologize or admit to an obvious and egregious error?

Oh yeah, when Donnie and Moscow Mitch came to town.

16 Likes

If this was WW II and a call for volunteers, the members of the Republican Confederacy like King, Trump, Pence, Moscow Mitch, Leningrad Lindsey, Huckleberry, Gingrich, Mnuchin, Ross, Elaine Chao, and the rest of their mob would not answer the call…they’d let the Nazis slaughter the jews and minorities.

When will America take back our Democracy and defend it agains the Republican Confederates? When because the Confederacy is attacking and taking down our Democracy.

3 Likes

Typical asshole who has been called out. He can’t take responsibility and wants to play victim. Too bad he can’t grow a pair. Of ovaries.

18 Likes

Maybe he can clear this up. Might a gift of 23andme kits for all his relatives help?

2 Likes

So, is the quote as printed fake news? or is King’s claim that he was misquoted fake news?

I’ve read the reported quote. I have not seen context for any claim with the misquote.

I wish TPM was a little clearer about the Des Moines Register citation, where he was “reported accurately.” The DMR has an hour-long video of the event, and this assbag knows he is on video saying this at minute 40.

11 Likes

So much hateful weirdness, so much cowardly lying, ugh.

17 Likes

Synonymous…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available