States With Few COVID-19 Restrictions Are Spreading the Virus Beyond Their Borders

Same here in Kenosha. Evers did his best with the stay at home and masks - until the Rep legislators sued to overturn it - but we had it for awhile and we had local and it lasted long enough for things to keep Wisconsin looking fairly good. So, on the weekends you had our beaches and parks overwhelmed with people from shut down Illinois - who weren’t supposed to even travel. Lake Geneva, long a haven for the upscale from Illinois declined to require masks. Restaurants and businesses kept having to close because employees were infected.

It played itself out over and over and over and then Wisconsin became one of the countries hot spots.

6 Likes

Except that Illinois is now looking far worse than we are, I wouldn’t blame the rest of the country from walling us off for the next couple of years until we completed exterminate ourselves… LOL!!!

2 Likes

We seem to just keep passing it back and forth, like hot potato!

3 Likes

I REALLY wish somebody would explain it to me too. I just don’t get it. I’ve eaten out twice since March. Both times I ate outside at places that are super psycho about following guidelines. To be honest, I really didn’t feel good about doing so either time. I won’t be going out anywhere except Walgreens and Kroger until I can get the vaccine.

What gets me are the people bragging about it on social media. Just dumb.

4 Likes

FreeDumb…

3 Likes

YES! Put on a ball gown or a tux if you want a fancy night out. Pull out the good stemware, have Alexa play harp music or whatever, get creative. I really just don’t get it why this is so difficult. And I’m a major social butterfly. I went out to eat and to a gay bar at least once a weekend in the before times. Hell, sometimes we’d go out for Friday night dinner and a bar, Saturday night dinner and a drag show, and then Sunday fun day drag brunch. And yet I’m keeping my Black ass at home.

2 Likes

Just do all that via Zoom at home. Jeffrey Toobin can give you pointers and tips.

2 Likes

I love the Idahoan’s “They’re giving us COVID” - those damn Washingtonians, not us clean Idahoans - doesn’t stop them from taking their money I see.

They might be able to tell you’ve been at the fried chicken even without seeing you eat it…

2 Likes

and put on some real clothes too, while you’re at it

1 Like

Just a regular old Monday night dinner at plucky’s…

1 Like

@manhattan123 @castor_troy @occamscoin As I’ve been telling folks lately, Chicago gets the 'Rona the same way it gets too many guns … from 2nd Amendment paradises like Indiana, Wisconsin, and Missouri.

2 Likes

Live free and let everyone else die.

2 Likes

With all do respect, that report is now 3 years old and doesn’t include the origins of guns that are unrecovered. The already volatile, illegal market has been in flux the last two years.

Happy to see more updated stuff if that changes the general picture.

1 Like

An interstate travel ban, including air travel, would have done the trick.

Someone has done the same study in the UK and there is a correlation between UKIP support and high levels of CoVid.

It’s this kind of “fluxed” :wink:
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2019/08/29/dixie-pipeline-guns-from-mississippi-streets-chicago-crime-violence-gangs-trafficking/1898930001/

1 Like