Special Counsel Jack Smith Loses Patience With Judge Aileen Cannon

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1485031
1 Like

RFK Jr.: ‘They’ Are Using 5G Cellular Technology to Control Behavior (msn.com)
In footage captured by journalist and filmmaker Sandi Bachom, independent Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. can be seen telling a crowd that shadow forces are using 5G cellular technology to control human behavior.

Speaking at an anti-vax rally at the Lincoln Memorial in 2022, Kennedy tells the crowd, “they are putting in 5G to harvest our data and control our behavior,” to a chorus of boos, “digital currency that will allow them to punish us from a distance, and cut off our food supply,” he continued.

59 Likes

Lauren Boebert Undergoes Surgery for Blood Clot in Her Leg: ‘Looking Forward to Making a Full Recovery’ (msn.com)

15 Likes

Whoa! MAGAs React To Question To Trump About 6-Week Abortion Ban | Crooks and Liars

16 Likes

… if you can keep it.

24 Likes

Who is the asshole that owned this building?

29 Likes

This time they have gone too far…

48 Likes

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin -

Wisconsin voters approved two GOP-driven constitutional amendments limiting civic participation in elections: (i) a ban on private funding in support of elections; and (ii) new limits on who can perform election-related duties.

The first is the infamous “Zuckerbucks” which in Wisconsin actually also went to the largest GQP county as well, so there’s that. The second is a bit confusing and I’m sure designed to be that way. There’s already a law that covers this issue and this mainly muddies the waters. Which is probably their intent.

Bottom line, it could be stretched to ban parties who had normally provided assistance in the past, which sounds about right.

Given the similarity between the language of the existing statute and the proposed constitutional amendment, a court could conclude that the amendment, like the statute, does not prohibit local governments from using outside election consultants (at least if those consultants do not directly “conduct” the election). But it is also conceivable that a court could interpret the amendment to bar the use of outside consultants, or perhaps construe it even more broadly.

27 Likes

“So Smith went all in, no longer trying to placate, educate, or hand-hold Cannon.”

Cannon is stalling until SCOTUS rules Trump is immune to prosecution. Immune just this one time. Just for him. Due to the unique circumstances of something, something. But it isn’t precedent setting. The next time a sitting or ex-President does something similar it’ll be up to future courts to deal with it.

37 Likes

Sun Chips said hold my…eclipse glasses

20 Likes

Every time I hope I get a day off from white-knuckling it …

I know you can’t interpret everything through psychology, childhood trauma, what have you, but there are times when I want to know who pissed in Charlie Kirk’s corn flakes. Which is being far too generous, I know.

31 Likes

Good thing they got rid of remote voting in the House.

50 Likes

Yep. “Bush v. Gore,” part II.

36 Likes

It’s a shame that Bang Bang Veronica can’t vote remotely.

9 Likes

Done with Cannon, not with PuPPy (and Saida).

62 Likes

From Marcy Wheeler: “At this point, though, it seems Smith is simply laying a record for a challenge at the 11th Circuit.”

https://www.emptywheel.net/2024/04/03/jack-smith-to-aileen-cannon-treating-non-lawyer-tom-fittons-theories-as-law-will-lead-to-manadamus/

The filing from the Government: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652/gov.uscourts.flsd.648652.428.0_1.pdf

62 Likes

In my asian supermarket, they have Lays of flavors that you could not imagine…I bought Spicy Mexican Chicken last time…

26 Likes

For daze like dis.

I see GhostOfEustacetillte already got the cat pic at the top of the list. I missed it looking for the cropped photo (and didn’t find it).

50 Likes

The old lady bought a corn and bacon flavored bag of chips. I’m a little scared of it.

18 Likes

Saw this abomination at the grocery store yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 095159

28 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available