Sound And Fury: Moderate Dems Slowroll Infrastructure Package In Staredown With Pelosi | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) late-night talks with the moderate Democrats who are trying to force her into holding a vote on the bipartisan infrastructure bill before voting on the $3.5 trillion budget resolution ended without an agreement.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1385551
1 Like

Lucas Kunce in the KC Star article is absolutely a MUST READ! Heavy! And on point like you’ve never read before about Afghanistan.

29 Likes

Salon still figuring out which Terra is bribing Boebert.

29 Likes

Link?

2 Likes

In the Morning Memo. .

5 Likes

Thanks. I had skipped right over it.

3 Likes

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/readers-opinion/guest-commentary/article253641358.html

14 Likes

I try, but I just can’t keep up with these wack jobs. I thought TMFWWNBN was the Q-Pope, by definition infallible.

Is Jones going to get the obligatory death threats and cyberstalking treatment now?

I wish these idiots could make up their minds.

15 Likes

Alex Jones didn’t learn from his Sandy Hook truthers lawsuit.

Grifting must really be lucrative.

17 Likes

What does the term ‘moderate’ even mean these days: that you oppose public executions, for example? The so-called ‘moderates’ in both parties do not seem to be a ‘force for good’.

13 Likes

Jazz Age dancer and civil rights activist Josephine Baker will become the first Black woman to be entombed at France’s Panthéon, an honor only given to those deemed national heroes. Baker was born in the U.S., became a French citizen, and died in Paris in 1975, but her remains are in Monaco. The New York Times reports that a petition to have them moved drew attention from French President Emmanuel Macron, who have the green light. Very few foreign-born people are laid to rest in the Panthéon, which also holds the remains of Victor Hugo and Marie Curie. Many French citizens have called for more women to be interred at the Panthéon, but only five have received the honor. A ceremony for Baker will be held on Nov. 30.

40 Likes

Is it possible that Alex Jones and I agree on something: That Trump is a “dumbass”? Well, admittedly I’d use stronger language, like “fucking racist sexual predator and liar, human scum”, but still… Please shoot me now, before I am a source of stinking sewage like Jones.

10 Likes

I liked the quote about the Afghanistan military being “a jobs program”.

34 Likes

9 Likes

Any opinions on what the end result of the 9 liars in the House will be?

3 Likes

Jesus Hieronymus Christ!

5 Likes

O’Donnell had Kunce on last night and I was very, very impressed.

17 Likes

Sigh. Jim Costa, California’s most useless Democrat.

The group includes Representatives Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey; Carolyn Bourdeaux of Georgia; Ed Case of Hawaii; Jared Golden of Maine; Kurt Schrader of Oregon; Jim Costa of California; and Henry Cuellar, Vicente Gonzalez and Filemon Vela of Texas.

The Blue Dogs fucking with Pelosi are the Congressional equivalent of CNN, a tv channel that eternally asks interviewees “When do we get back to normal?” That answer with regard to climate is simple: “Possibly in 300 years and most definitely within 75,000 years.” But it’s a wrong question, as we need to see some action within our lifetimes. Costa, who sits in the middle of groundwater depletion in the Central Valley, and who even understands the farm business, has never been honest about what is being done to the geological structures underneath his constituents nor the atmosphere above them. Who cares if there’s almonds? The willful ignorance practiced by Blue Dog Democrats has had its day. It’s time that awareness of a climate crisis is imputed to their positions and that such lazy stupidity is called out.

37 Likes
  • The former governor also abandoned his dog at the Executive Mansion and has been asking around if anyone’s interested in keeping the pooch, according to the Times Union. Richard Azzopardi, Cuomo’s spokesperson, insists that the arrangement is only “temporary” because the governor plans to go on vacation.

Cuomo can ask Mitt for tips on this.

25 Likes

Directed at anything specifically?

Or is it your generic Tuesday morning JHC?

11 Likes