‘Sinister Motive’: China Pushes Back On Pompeo Calling COVID-19 ‘Wuhan Virus’ | Talking Points Memo

Graduating top of his class at West Point was a long time ago. That was before he had to be functional in the real world, where his slow wits, sloth, and lack of perception have proven to be real impediments.

1 Like

Makes me wonder about West Point itself. What honor code?

5 Likes

Considering the US gets the largest percentage of its medical supplies from China, this is some “stable genius” level diplomacy on the parts of both Cockholster and Pompousahole. Very good brains.

I wonder when they’ll be announcing increased tariffs on medical equipment?

4 Likes

The World Health Organization and others have cautioned against giving the virus a geographic name because of its global nature, and even President Donald Trump has steered away from those terms as critics have said they foster discriminatory sentiments and behavior against Asians and Asian Americans.

Note that Covidiot Trump has often referred to Covid-19 as CHINESE Virus.

So Covidiot Trump clearly has NOT steered away from discriminatory terms about the pandemic because he wants to pass the buck…Mr. No Responsibility!

1 Like

Don’t leave out Tom Cotton, who promises a “reckoning” for China for “unleashing” the pandemic on us.

3 Likes

There was a small flock of fulvous shitwits on my lawn this morning! First ones this spring.

6 Likes

And what kind of reckoning can we deliver? Are we suddenly going to indiscriminately use antibiotics in livestock creating antibiotic-resistant strains of disease-causing bacteria, place the manure of livestock in open pits near water supplies and vulnerable populations who lack access to health care, and then unleash our very own home-grown pandemic? That would be unthinkable.

4 Likes

China is strongly pushing back on U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s insistence on referring to the deadly novel coronavirus that has sparked a global pandemic as the “Wuhan virus” after the city in China where it was first detected.

China: “Please stop calling it the ‘Wuhan virus.’ Everyone knows that it’s the Trump Pandemic.”

4 Likes

This administration is run by children.

1 Like

In the United States, it should be referred to as the Trump Virus that has led to the Trump Recession.

6 Likes

Remember Lee graduated first in his WP class and Grant at the bottom, and look how that worked out.

4 Likes

The north had the factories while the south had slaves picking cotton as their economic base. Interesting switcharoo in destinies though. Thanks for the factoid.

1 Like

I wish! Children I know display empathy for others and have curiosity about the world. Children are some of the most delightful people I know.

“Let them eat cake.”

1 Like

Just as Trump the Executioner wields the scythe, the likes of Barr and Pompeo hold his robe and cape to keep them from getting too bloody.

It is Trump who terminated many Public Health positions in the DHS and HHS in 2016, while reducing the overseas forward defense public health sites from 47 to 10; these were the people who stopped Ebola overseas. Trump gutted our defense against pandemics. It is Trump who ignored the intelligence reports from last December and January warning him of the coming danger due to the coronavirus.
It is Trump who did nothing for three months while insisting this disease would pass through and over us like a common flu bug, all the while downplaying the severity. Trump swings the scythe.

His enablers hold his robe and cape while attempting to deflect all blame for the deaths they did nothing to halt.

This disease targets us all, and yet ignoramuses continue to approve of Trump’s performance. The ignoramuses think they are owning the Libs. Even as they find themselves on their backs in an ICU and on a ventilator, they think they are owning the Libs. Ignorance is also a disease. Stupidity is a condition.

1 Like

There is a woeful lack of statesmen/women in this administration. Can you name one, since Mattis left, who would qualify? At my age I won’t be around to know, but I am wondering what historians will say about these incompetents. That goes for the House ans Senate too…

1 Like

First-rate people attract other first-rate people.

Second-rate people hire third-rate people.

Third-rate people hire fifth-rate people.

1 Like

Yes they had slaves. That was the basis of their economy and political power in the Union thanks to the 3/5s rule. It was also the basis for the war. The secession shows the wisdom (?) of the planter aristocracy to convince the rubes to fight and die to protect the planters’ privilege.

Grant’s, Sherman’s, et al strategies made the most of their advantage. Lee was good but not good enough.

Why it’s Eenie, Meenie, Minnie…“where’s Schmoe”?

It’s his day to look after, Dad, you dope!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available