‘Sinister Motive’: China Pushes Back On Pompeo Calling COVID-19 ‘Wuhan Virus’ | Talking Points Memo

@ralph_vonholst really does have the best words. He’s definitely one of the good ones.

8 Likes

He’s enacting Spray Tan Trujillo’s number one policy priority: sow division, at home and abroad.

2 Likes

But Pompeo is just doing what he’s told. Remember he was chosen by the Koch brothers, made rich, and sent out there to work for them and the dark money bandits. Don’t give him any credit for having made a choice about deserting Trump. He is totally beholden to others.

6 Likes

Could have been said in 1935 Germany.

5 Likes

Speaking of sinister motive, Bernie was just on NPR, and when asked when he was going to withdraw from the race, Bernie claimed that he was “winning”.

I have no words…

10 Likes

True, and here we are again.

'Cause capitalism is crumbling.

2 Likes

Trump has lost the majority of the medical community I should imagine.

3 Likes

Can we hope that Pompeo and Trump attend church on Easter Sunday?

4 Likes

I do.

Bernie is a egotistical asshole who is trying hard to make sure Trump gets reelected.

10 Likes

I’ll bet a dollar that the bottom grad of that West Point class follows the Cadet Code better than the top.

8 Likes

Why is Trump whining about not gettng enough warning? He did next to nothing with the warning he got!

6 Likes

Graduating top of his class at West Point was a long time ago. That was before he had to be functional in the real world, where his slow wits, sloth, and lack of perception have proven to be real impediments.

1 Like

Makes me wonder about West Point itself. What honor code?

5 Likes

Considering the US gets the largest percentage of its medical supplies from China, this is some “stable genius” level diplomacy on the parts of both Cockholster and Pompousahole. Very good brains.

I wonder when they’ll be announcing increased tariffs on medical equipment?

4 Likes

The World Health Organization and others have cautioned against giving the virus a geographic name because of its global nature, and even President Donald Trump has steered away from those terms as critics have said they foster discriminatory sentiments and behavior against Asians and Asian Americans.

Note that Covidiot Trump has often referred to Covid-19 as CHINESE Virus.

So Covidiot Trump clearly has NOT steered away from discriminatory terms about the pandemic because he wants to pass the buck…Mr. No Responsibility!

1 Like

Don’t leave out Tom Cotton, who promises a “reckoning” for China for “unleashing” the pandemic on us.

3 Likes

There was a small flock of fulvous shitwits on my lawn this morning! First ones this spring.

6 Likes

And what kind of reckoning can we deliver? Are we suddenly going to indiscriminately use antibiotics in livestock creating antibiotic-resistant strains of disease-causing bacteria, place the manure of livestock in open pits near water supplies and vulnerable populations who lack access to health care, and then unleash our very own home-grown pandemic? That would be unthinkable.

4 Likes

China is strongly pushing back on U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s insistence on referring to the deadly novel coronavirus that has sparked a global pandemic as the “Wuhan virus” after the city in China where it was first detected.

China: “Please stop calling it the ‘Wuhan virus.’ Everyone knows that it’s the Trump Pandemic.”

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available