‘Sinister Motive’: China Pushes Back On Pompeo Calling COVID-19 ‘Wuhan Virus’ | Talking Points Memo

BEIJING — China is strongly pushing back on U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s insistence on referring to the deadly novel coronavirus that has sparked a global pandemic as the “Wuhan virus” after the city in China where it was first detected.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1299818

Trump was happy to call it “coronavirus” a few weeks ago, it was just until the crap hit the high-bypass turbofan that he needed to shift the blame around. As for servile liar Pompeo, if that phony graduated top of his class in West Point, wonder about the bottom.

22 Likes

“He has a very sinister motive,”

He’s a very sinister Shitpigeon.

24 Likes

We read everyday about individuals and groups that have stepped up and really showed character and positive imagination during this difficult time. It is to bad our president and his usual minions are not included in that positive action.

9 Likes

Pompeo’s call for the virus to be identified by name as the “Wuhan virus” at a virtual meeting of foreign ministers from the Group of 7 leading industrialized countries resulted in their opting against releasing a group statement.

Ah, mission accomplished: Mikey’s race baiting prevents an international body from acting in concert.
Donnie was surely smiling as, doubtless, was Vlad.

22 Likes

The World Health Organization and others have cautioned against giving the virus a geographic name because of its global nature, and even President Donald Trump has steered away from those terms

The day is still young.

13 Likes

Sinister? Nah, just a corrupt racist asshole dogwhistling his deplorable base.

12 Likes

I think @bcgister has a good point about Pompeo not wanting a joint statement out there. I’m not certain why unless such a statement would encourage continuing lockdowns and social distancing contrary to Trump’s “open ‘er up” desires.

Even for Pompeo, on it’s face, this is bigoted churlish and undiplomatic, even for him.

17 Likes

Pompeo made the wrong call. He should have deserted Trump. He will be sorry he did not.

11 Likes

Nah, it’s right on brand for the Shitpigeon. Perfect name, BTW, Ralph!

15 Likes

Right up there with “fulvous shitwit”.

He’s on a roll, lately…

12 Likes

The audacity and arrogant sloth is endemic of impeahed donnie and cesspool…Pimpeeo being another corpulent slob in the pile of detritus…Heaven help us
We Must help ourselves and VOTE…

4 Likes

Maybe the G6 should just quarantine Mikey Petty PompousAss.

5 Likes

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s insistence on referring to the deadly novel coronavirus that has sparked a global pandemic as the “Wuhan virus”

America’s Number One Diplomat.

7 Likes

I don’t really care, do U? Mikey gets what Mikey deserves.

4 Likes

And then some

2 Likes

Pompeo is an Evangelical Christian, thus “sinister” is in order.

4 Likes

China has been accused of trying to squelch information about the outbreak during its early stages

Unlike Trump, who "felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic” and was prepared, did a great job with it, definitely a 10 on a scale of 10.

4 Likes

When will Trump and clowns reach puberty?

I’ve gotten to the point where nothing they do surprises me. I knew people like this existed, but to have them running the country is something I just can’t comprehend.

This has been a good lesson, even as I continue to believe that there are more good people out there than scumbags like Pompeo.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available