‘Shameful’: Cheney Blasts Stefanik For Shifting Blame For Insurrection To Pelosi | Talking Points Memo

Hours after the Jan. 6 House select committee held its first public hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Tuesday called out Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-WY) for falsely suggesting that House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) bears responsibility for the deadly Capitol insurrection.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382579

Wow, I fully agree with Liz Cheney. On this point.
Only.

Didn’t take Stefanik long to go to the darkest side.

40 Likes

Trump-chaos-enablers

50 Likes

Wow, did I miss the next season of Stranger Things? Because Stefanik is definitely in the Upside Down.

12 Likes

I have often said, here and elsewhere, that the last Republican with a conscience died with Richard Lugar.
I may need to rethink that statement.
I have always loathed Cheney, but damn, she’s come through for the Republic.

36 Likes

Pelosi is so selfless. Misdirecting blame onto herself while Hillary and Hunter slip away.

38 Likes

Stefanik makes me think there should be a whole list of different types of Karen…sort of like there are different kinds of Barbie by just adding some kind of a modifier before the word Barbie.

34 Likes

Wonder how soon before they start asking Nancy for her birth certificate? Or the keys to her pizza parlor basement dungeon?

19 Likes

Liz Cheney is Kevin McCarthy’s worst enemy. After Kevin McCarthy, of course.

She’s actually quite an effective communicator, as is Kinzinger. Certainly better than any of the ranting lunatics the Republicans throw out there on a daily basis.

49 Likes

OT: Mo problems for Mo.

40 Likes

Lol, but NANceeeeee PeLOsiiiiii!!!

37 Likes
8 Likes

Stefanik is desperate to keep her place in the boy’s club even if it means saying things that originated in Crazytown.

18 Likes

It sure looks to me like Cheney and Kinzinger are establishing their leadership roles within the post-McCarthy GOP.

I hate to say it, but i suspect i could live with that.

25 Likes

THIS!

8 Likes

This internecine warfare is too, too groovy!!

9 Likes

Wait for Rep. Elise Stefanik to recruit Richard “Bigo” Barnett to run for congress. “Look he sat at Nancy’s desk and just fit in”.

6 Likes

This is the first day of the end of her career.

31 Likes
Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-WY)

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-WY NY)

12 Likes

Grand empty gestures are easier than working.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available