Senate Unanimously Passes $2 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Package

On a lighter note

6 Likes

A month from now we’re going to find out it wasn’t nearly enough when medical bills start arriving, people who can’t get unemployment insurance (i.e. self-employed which is every gig worker out there) are underwater, and that $1200 was spent in the first week getting caught up on mortgage/rent and utility bills.

Meanwhile, a lot of businesses are taking out cheap loans and getting money they’ll be sitting on while their employees are at home unable to work.

This wasn’t nearly enough for the individual to last more than a few weeks at best.

1 Like

Except for this asshole:

5 Likes

Gee – and Lindsey was saying that this bill would incentivize people not to work because the unemployment benefits are too “generous”.

2 Likes

Just send me my goddamn check … that new yacht isn’t going to buy itself.

3 Likes

Credit where it’s due. That was beautiful

3 Likes

Oh that’s just like my yacht for my yacht…we call it our “Dinghy” because it’s so cute and compact…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some of the good news that’s driving GOPers nuts…

Schumer did a good job here and deserves credit he’s not getting.

7 Likes

I furloughed 120 employees this week. Fortunately, I can pay them vacation and sick time while most business operations are suspended and others are cut way back. Nevertheless, this has been a grim week for 75% of my employees.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. It sounds like you care about your employees and want to do right by them. I’m lucky enough to have bosses like you.

3 Likes

The changes in banking regulation are jaw-dropping, yet, the fucking tv is all about “When do I get my one-time check for real money sometime maybe?”

Disgusting.

1 Like

Er … the President also works for you.

Just sayin’.

2 Likes

How would you explain not one Senator voting against?

Can I terminate him for cause? Poor work performance? Excessive golf absenteeism? Theft? Inappropriate conduct? I think I have a pretty strong case against him.

4 Likes

Apparently I’m wrong on the self-employed comment, per the NYT:

Are gig workers, freelancers and independent contractors covered in the bill?
Yes, self-employed people would be newly eligible for unemployment benefits.
Benefit amounts would be calculated based on previous income, using a formula from the Disaster Unemployment Assistanceprogram, according to a congressional aide.
Self-employed workers would also be eligible for the additional $600 weekly benefit provided by the federal government.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t get past those few weeks on nothing. This buys time.

2 Likes

Is it too soon to discuss Impeachment II? Perhaps publicly, but quietly and discretely, among more responsible and courageous Dems, I don’t think so. He is killing people with his horrible and deliberate mismanagement of this crisis, due to his innate indifference and incompetence, and his blatant and obvious attempt to exploit it for political gain. Like, how he’s clearly being more responsive to the needs of red over blue states, even though the latter have a far larger at-risk population and more victims. Obviously dealing with the COVID-19 virus is the only priority now, but dealing with the arguably bigger Trump-20 virus will eventually be necessary too. He cannot be allowed to go unpunished, and he cannot be allowed to be reelected. He is a dangerous, reckless and venal monster and must be held accountable and stopped from causing further and likely even worse damage.

Such a nasty man. Me likee.