SCOTUS Takes Trump Immunity Case For Late April Arguments - TPM – Talking Points Memo

There is not going to be a trial, ever.

7 Likes

For the five who voted to give that piece of shit a hearing – may God have mercy on your soul. Chief Justice Roberts is a HACK.

23 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t know why you would take up a ludicrous-on-its-face argument. There really is no other explanation, Ralph.

25 Likes

It means that at least five wanted to delay the trial until after the election.

12 Likes

Since SCOTUS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Trump party now, I’m not surprised they took this up, even nominally on an accelerated basis. They could slow-walk it so that Joe Biden has no immunity, but Trump – if he wins – will have it for his entire time in office, which he will decide never ends until he’s dead.

22 Likes

right, a pocket veto.
Or even wait til end of term, ~July
Supremes rule against immunity but stay action until 2025 as it’s too close to 2024 election because it would be improper to influence the election!

16 Likes

No respect at all for this shit. None. No respect for the majority on the court. They are meaningless to me now and can all go straight to hell. They have just given that criminal bastard exactly what he wanted…AGAIN. Wake me up when it’s time to vote.

37 Likes

It only takes four justices to agree to take it up.

18 Likes

Or maybe the Court wanted to weigh in because the case is so consequential. Doesn’t necessarily mean they are in cahoots with Trump.

7 Likes

Judge Luttig is shocked they are even taking the case, so concludes there is some dissension. So he fears they will wait until end-of-term (July) to issue a decision. He looks stunned.

43 Likes

This country is in deep shit if even the SCOTUS doesn’t know if the President is above the law! What a bunch of idiots… just read the God Damned Constitution!!! Oh, and don’t forget to collect your kickbacks from your billionaire lovers.

33 Likes

This is what I am hoping/wondering.

My hopes are not high.

5 Likes

James Comey, please pick up the white courtesy phone. James Comey, please pick up the white courtesy phone….:roll_eyes:

14 Likes

They’ll cut the baby in half and figure out a way to give Trump an out without setting an irretrievable precedent. Who knows? Biden could be reelected and they might want to deny him immunity.

23 Likes

The Supremes will append their ruling in favor of immunity with their Bush v. Gore apologia: “Our consideration is limited to the present circumstances…”

That way all other Presidents will be held accountable.

27 Likes

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK!?!?!?!?

(and fuck Discobot, to boot…)

12 Likes

Which network is he on?

1 Like

Trump’s legal bills are going to be enormous. Hope the RNC sinks all their cash into it. DJT is history politically. The GOP is going down with him.

25 Likes

What are the odds that this will be a “just this one time and also immunity doesn’t extend to targeting individuals?”

4 Likes

MSNBC. Nicole Wallace.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available