SCOTUS Slaps Down Lindsey Graham’s Bid To Evade Georgia Grand Jury

The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied a request from Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) to avoid testifying before a Georgia grand jury in a state criminal probe of Trump’s interference in the state’s 2020 election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1437930
1 Like

Oh no. Linz has a sad.

27 Likes

Can he appeal to the United Nations? Or maybe the World Court at The Hague?

58 Likes

Clutch your pearls you slimy little weasel.

38 Likes

trump “under oath”
(((snicker)))
He didn’t even hold to his oath of office

Speaking truth is anathema to trump

24 Likes

Re Graham: at long last, some good news

20 Likes

Gloat if you must, but ask yourself: What has this nation come to when a sitting U.S. Senator can’t even attempt to disenfranchise a few tens of thousands of black voters without having his motives questioned? If Senator Graham can be held accountable under the law, who among us will be safe committing felonies? Is this not what a hellscape would look like?

72 Likes

So, “Anyone Not Named Trump” is subject to subpoenas? (Although guarantee this will be back before the Court in a dispute about what Linz claims is protected speech and what the Grand Jury wants to know.)

How do we get a hold on Trump’s taxes and stay legalistically consistent?

This SCOTUS consistent…I crack myself up

8 Likes

Good luck. Challenge the legality of every question or “I don’t recall” should sum it up!

7 Likes

Right but it looks like the Court gave him an out equating his “fact-finding” to speech and debate clause issues. Perhaps that was the ruling of the lower courts as well. But this means he can refuse to answer just about everything relevant to the inquiry.

8 Likes

Which is precisely what he’ll do with the blessing of the SCOTUS.

3 Likes

So how many times will he take the 5th before Fani’s Grand Jury?

7 Likes

9 Likes

He’ll challenge the “legality” of every question. A textbook classic sh*tshow and waste of time.

3 Likes

This is what ‘doing your own research’ looks like legislatively…

3 Likes

OT: :cold_face:

11 Likes

Re Graham: at long last, some good news

I’ve been obsessively checking TPM for this news.

3 Likes

Noting that the issue is NOT if the Supreme Court is Republican but rather how Republican is the Supreme Court, the answer we got here is not so much as to put Lindsey Graham above the law.

That is the Republican Supreme Court is not about to cause a coup to save Lindsey Graham. But I would not make this same bet if the stakes were higher than Lindsey.

8 Likes

My prediction - if the R’s take the house :frowning: - he will never testify.

7 Likes

Nailed it.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available