SCOTUS Rejects Texas Challenge To Obamacare | Talking Points Memo

Yet they gave him nearly two years’ delay when congress and then the Manhattan AG wanted to see his tax returns.

14 Likes
12 Likes

I will bet that Thomas rejected the suit over some eye rolling nitpick.

3 Likes
3 Likes

They do that with breaking news sometimes here. Refresh, refresh, refresh.

3 Likes

Something is not right with the natural order of things when onerous medical bills don’t push the poors into bankruptcy.

Maybe we’re just not praying hard enough. Even God doesn’t know what to do with them.

3 Likes

It should merit some reflection among us online left-of-center folks when we see decisions like this. I don’t think we revisit our priors often enough or deeply enough.

I desperately hope that Roe v. Wade survives the current iteration of SCOTUS, and I fear it won’t. But it might, and if it does, that should give us something to think about.

6 Likes

If TPM is going to slipstream edits and additions to the original article, it would be nice if those edits were noted in the post. I mean, if you edit a comment the edit is tracked and viewable for 24 hours; why can’t the articles themselves do this?

8 Likes

Being married to Ginny wouldn’t be a bad gig. If you slept in different bedrooms. That were in different homes. In a different country.

4 Likes

I don’t know why they just don’t make all govt. student debt market rate. The borrowers are repaying this stuff at 6%, and sometimes their payments go up when their income rises. It’s crazy. Just square these debts with the market and lots of things get better without any huge cash outlay by the govt.

4 Likes

If I had to pick one…

4 Likes

And Ken Paxton and Texas spend more Texas dollars tilting at windmills.

Thanks again Ken. Hope the FBI is building their case against you.

15 Likes

Well now Abbot is - probably illegally - spending money on a vanity wall in order to appeal to Trump (presidential/VP ambitions, not to mention native mean-spiritedness) instead of doing something, anything, to shore up our strained power grid. So par for the course.

12 Likes

Whoa there! If TPM has to note edits for grammar and spelling corrections their bandwidth use will skyrocket.

Ooops, my bad. They don’t correct grammar and spelling errors. Silly me.

You’re right. I try to be skeptical about my own beliefs and not think that every person classifiable as a Republican is thereby a black-clad villain from a melodrama, thoroughly and treacherously evil. They may caricature us but we don’t have to return the compliment.

13 Likes

Thomas must be confused, maybe alzheimer is getting to him.

1 Like

Don’t forget that Governor Ironside is going to build that wall now! And he’s asking for donations from out of state! Has he signed up Steve Bannon to collect the cash yet?

5 Likes

My Grands will grow up in a world in which the name “Trump” will evoke side-taking like you would not believe…and be a social gathering destroyer.

6 Likes

Plus: Judges are just different cats. Yes there are some bad eggs. But the vast majority of big time Judges are nobody’s fool. (This is from Mrs. AD, who knows judges.)

Remember this guy?

4 Likes

Nope, I trust the dozen or so seasoned attorneys who are all saying the same thing over your cynicism which would have had me mark it down that Trump would still be president and we’d all be living under martial law.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available