SCOTUS Rejects Texas Challenge To Obamacare | Talking Points Memo

Hey not bad…I had Thomas and Alito as dissenters and then tossed Gorsuch as third place possibility.
Frankly, I’m surprised Thomas was not a dissenter.

12 Likes

Republicans keep trying to take away affordable healthcare in the name of their hatred for the first black President. Pres. Obama has the ACA as a permanent reminder of the good he provided to America. Suck it, assholes.

38 Likes

A semi-load full of Depends just pulled up to Mar-A-Lago.

22 Likes

For all of the time, effort and money that Governor Abbott, AG Paxton as well as the red state parties spent on this lawsuit they could have crafted health insurance plans or expanded Medicaid for their states. Resentment and spitefulness is short sighted and a heck of a thing.

26 Likes

Me too. They wouldn’t give Trump the time of day when all he wanted was for them to overturn the election. It was like being appointed by him didn’t obligate them to destroy our way of life, or something. Weird.

27 Likes

That painting reminds me of somebody.

8 Likes

I am not surprised by the result but I am surprised by the vote. Seven to two with Thomas concurring with the majority is an interesting result. Can’t wait to read the decision.

11 Likes

That paining is missing Norman Bates.

2 Likes

The article wasn’t published yet when @hahagoodman first posted.

I guess TPM wanted to get the headline out there first.

13 Likes

Nice of Amy.

Making sure that you’ll be covered by insurance for the emergency room visit after the back alley abortion goes awry.

27 Likes

Felonious TX AG Ken Paxton reiterating the definition of insanity.

10 Likes

Ron Klain tweet: “It’s still a BFD.”

38 Likes

"The ACA saddles them with expensive and burdensome obligations, and those obligations are enforced by the Federal Government. That is sufficient to establish standing. "

Alito would have us believe that any time the Federal government enacts something that requires the states to do anything at all, they have suffered “injury” sufficient to establish standing, because spending money is, in fact, always an ancillary/incidental consequence of a government doing anything at all.

Fucking twerp.

27 Likes

They didn’t exactly stick their collective neck out for Trump either.

I’m watching MSNBC. All of their lawyers are saying the same thing. It’s over. The challenges to Obamacare are over. They’ve litigated it to death and there’s nothing left.

33 Likes

Maybe Roberts slowly stepped into the puppet master vacuum after Scalia died.

3 Likes

Yes…

10 Likes

It doesn’t even have to be as far as bankruptcy if it hits a young person. It’s hard to build wealth if you have large medical costs up front. (Also why student debt is a tremendous drag on our economy.)

5 Likes

I can’t imagine.

8 Likes

I have personally known three Trump judicial picks. One is a political hack angling for a Supreme Court nomination that will never, ever come. One is a shitty lawyer whose ass I kicked in court a number of years ago. And one is actually a really smart and good person who by all indications is every bit as good of a judge as I expected him to be.

But Reed O’Connor is the shittiest hack of a judge I have ever experienced.

29 Likes

Some red state AG will file another suit within 90 days. Claiming they’re coming at the law from an entirely different angle, a new, wholly unique litigation. One that for sure will finally strike down the law. If for no other reason than to keep their name in the news and earn some cred with the base.

Mark it.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available