SCOTUS Mistakenly Posts A Draft Opinion With A Surprising Conservative Split

July 3rd at 4:45p, when everyone has left for the holiday.

1 Like

someone “inadvertently and briefly uploaded” a draft opinion

Another example of a Court that is badly, badly run. This is a charactistic of conservatism.

When Numero Uno – the big boss – is unclear, uncertain, negligent, outright wrong or whatever, those who have little authority (those someones) do things they thought were right.

It’s like telling someone a secret. Five someones later, and the secret no longer bears any similarity to the original.

1 Like

I think its obvious that Full immunity is a bridge too far. They won’t cover Trump that far…

I think it likely kicked to next term, arguments scheduled after Election.

This is not protecting Trump so much as protecting republican chances in November.

If Trump is president, they’ll punt again, if trump isnt, he’s no longer worth protecting. Then we get 7-2 no immunity

3 Likes

My money is on this was in purpose, disguised as a mistake.

Liberals needling Alito? Roberts maybe?

2 Likes

perform abortions in the case of a medical emergency to protect the life and health of the pregnant woman… ?

… and there are 3 Justices (Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch) who steadfastly oppose ?

So, the 3 are of the view that once impregnated, a women, for the ENTIRE duration of the pregnancy - all the way through to the point where the embryo / fetus has naturally (no intervention by mere mortals allowed) exited from her body -
is nothing more than a subordinate - incubator - … an expendable transport & delivery mechanism for the embryo / fetus… that pregnancy - MUST be - without exception a commitment to completion - no matter the consequence to the mother - expendable transport & delivery mechanism .

and this - really - when you dig down to the bottom of their intransigent dogmatic positions … is thinking that is derived from their personal religious & religiously associated moral beliefs - which they are determined to make the law of the land … and impose upon on everyone regardless of the individual beliefs of others.

6 Likes

Well, Thomas knows all about “taking.”

1 Like

Bottom line: CJ Colorblind and the Fascist Five need their pipeline of bribes from the oligarchy to remain open via loopholes. We’ve been entirely focused on whether plutocrat puppets like Thomas and Alito should recuse because their “gifts” might influence future decisions, but nobody seems to have asked whether those “gifts” were rewards for past favors.

6 Likes

So, what I’m struggling with is can’t Robert Menendez’s lawyers create a timeline where even if he did get these gold bars from these third parties, he got them for votes and actions that had already taken place so they were a gratuity?

4 Likes

The Republican Party wants a government that doesn’t protect citizens.

3 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t a “snafu”.

I wish you were right…