Schumer Slams Trump’s ‘Petty, Unserious’ Response To His Letter On Supply Shortage

I would like to take a moment to thank all my fellow Dems who stayed home in 2016, and those who “voted their conscience.” That Clinton Foundation really wasn’t that bad, was it?

34 Likes

How anyone equates this behavior with leadership is beyond me. I’m glad the the House is preparing a committee to keep track of COVID response funding, but I’m concerned that the Democratic message is not able to get out. Until we get more media outlets to take their roles more seriously and stop being bullied by Trump’s antics it’ll be more of the same, I’m afraid.

On a brighter note, I saw that Abbott Labs has a table top testing unit being deployed to Detroit and other metro areas which can deliver results inside of an hour. If we can get a half million or so of these manufactured in the next 60-90 days and deployed, that would help significantly. I agree with Schumer that we need to use the DPA and military logistics, like, tomorrow. WTF is the President waiting for?

17 Likes

It may be like the COVID-19 testing … examine a bunch of really symptomatic people and you will find high numbers of really sick people.

1 Like

I would look at it as creeping down, being that he is benefiting from the TrumpRally 2.0 Show + the support that people tend to give the “leader”.

They will go down. Guaranteed.

He is the face of the worst epidemic in U.S. history.

10 Likes

Steve Kornacki pointed out that every other modern president who faced a major crisis saw their numbers go up 20 to 30 points while Trump’s have gone up 2 to 3 points.

28 Likes

I’d like to see the House form an expert committee of financial sleuths to investigate any possible trading or speculating in order to profit from the crisis while possessing advance knowledge via briefings. Not only to investigate Trump and his family, but his whole administration and their friends. And then investigate all stock transactions of any Congressman who sold January, February and very early March. What did they know and when did they know it. It has to treat both parties equally in that respect. Otherwise, we’re just as bad as them.

29 Likes

That’s easy. FoxNews and AM Right Wing talk radio.

8 Likes

Trump is cunning. His advisors have told him that (or something similar), hence the relative restraint and the haphazard tries at “being solemn”. If he were to have obtained over 60% approval, Trump’s criming would be as exponential at Covid-19.

9 Likes

Donnie’d love it: it’s great TV. Think about the ratings. Nobody’ll be able to stop playing that clip.

5 Likes

Well, that’s easy - Trump’s waiting for Jared to figure out a way for someone in the family or the donor class to financially benefit from it, to the exclusion of helping the sick and dying.

17 Likes

As per last night’s press briefing, military logistics are being used: to keep the profiteer’s supply chains running. And, according to Kushner, the federal government is under no obligation to give “our supplies” to the states.
That tells me everything I need to know about what the prez’nent’s waiting for. It’s rotten, even if you assume it’s about an ideological commitment (for Drumpf?) and not venally ensuring his supporters’ profiteering.

20 Likes
42 Likes

Trump positive ratings include an awful lot of people who embraced Trump’s " oh this is a hoax… it is less than the flu … it will be down to zero soon" … eventually they may not be casting any ballots for Trump … if they are still alive.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Like @lennartbon wrote about Sweden, Merkel’s CDU party has had an upswing too after flailing in local elections recently.

8 Likes

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”

“No further questions.”

12 Likes

Trump is going to have to be removed. It may well simply be a logistical situation, with medical and health care systems no longer capable to respond.

Whether the U.S. reaches a tipping point is still up in the air, but that “up in the air” assessment assumes that Trump is either neutralized or removed.

With Trump in his present mode, there is not much doubt.

12 Likes

The one thing we can count on from this pandemic is the continued employment of forensic accountants. They will be the ones that really prove everything out.

10 Likes

It’s obvious: God really is on his side.

2 Likes

It’s our national, collective dream. But I don’t want the stroke to kill him, just paralyze him so he can’t speak - and then have a national parade where he sits there and we can all insult him to our heart’s content. Jesus, I’m going around the bend here.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available