Schumer: Organizing Resolution Done, Dems Can Finally Take Gavels

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) announced Wednesday morning that he and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) had finally finished haggling over the organizing resolution, meaning that Democrats will be able to take over committee chairmanships.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358090
1 Like

So much for obstructing Garland, eh Lindsey?

63 Likes

Lindsey now F off.

Lindseys last stand,with a Anderson Cooper wannabe.

46 Likes

Lindsey “Weather Vane” Graham should never again be allowed to fill any position of leadership or authority. May February 3, 2021 be the last day he ever has any power to dictate the agenda of the Senate or any committee thererof.

46 Likes

Yes!!! Lindsey can stop playing his little game with Merrick Garland now. Hahaha!

19 Likes

Can’t wait to see Merrick Garland go after Lady G and McConnell!

10 Likes

The public won’t be told about McConnell’s double top secret right of first refusal on any legislation or nominations the Dems submit.

3 Likes

Miss Lindzy: “It was a great ride. But count me out. That is until Heir Orange Turd Blossom offers me a ride to the border wall.”

3 Likes

Leahy: Ms. Lindsey, give me the f’n gavel!

Graham: sniffle, whine, moan

Leahy: Garland, you’re in here tomorrow and AG by Monday morning.

13 Likes

Can someone explain why Schumer spent so much time waltzing with McTurtle on this? It’s not like that demon is ever going to keep his word down the line.

19 Likes

Lindsey Graham is always play acting. He will take on what ever persona he feels will advance himself personally at any time on any topic. There is nothing sincere that has ever come from him. The fact that he keeps getting re-elected is a testament to the gullibility and ignorance of the voters of South Carolina.

16 Likes

Like Lebron James said; It’s about damn time.

Also: Courtside Lindsay Mad Mad!!

5 Likes

We can haz majority?

30 Likes

Uh, Dick Durbin, I believe.

8 Likes

About frigging time…

2 Likes

5 Likes
51 Likes

It’s an odd thing. Schumer was already Majority Leader.

What the new agreement achieves is that Republican committee chairs – such as Graham – finally have to relinquish control.

Sad – but fifty votes and a VP only gets you so much.

13 Likes

Rhymes with “Boot In”

29 Likes

Now take that gavel and bash the hell out of McConnell. After the gavel gets a little splintery, use it on Lindsey.

10 Likes