Schiff Slams Barr, DOJ For Interfering In Whistleblower Complaint

House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) slammed Attorney General Bill Barr and the Department of Justice on Wednesday for helping President Donald Trump cover up a whistleblower’s complaint.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1251382

What if the whistleblower complaint is more about Barr’s calls, I suspect that is the case.

19 Likes

Keep it up, Adam. Hit them from all sides.

34 Likes

Impeach the motherfuckers!!

21 Likes

Hard to believe it’s only Wednesday. It’s going to keep topping itself. Every day is going to get crazier.

16 Likes

It’s NOT a transcript!

20 Likes

Very possible, though I don’t think Trump is going to be inconsequential.

Whichever, the day the whistleblower actually testifies will be monumental. If they can televise it, the number of viewers will be through the roof.

17 Likes

Chrystia Freeland, Canada’s foreign minister and an expert on Ukraine, has yet to comment. Zelensky and his people also seem to be appalled. Not. A. Peep. We must be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

18 Likes

And here I thought Alberto Gonzales in the Drunken Frat Boy administration was the most incompetent attorney general we ever had.

23 Likes

Ah, but Barr is not incompetent. He is evil and knows what he is doing.

36 Likes

Oh, Barr is very competent at what he does. It’s just that he should be a mob lawyer instead of AG. Of course, being Trump’s AG there’s not much difference.

Keep pushing, Schiff. Bring them all down. ETTD!

30 Likes

“Schiff said that Trump invoking Barr in his request for Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden ‘adds another layer of depravity’ to Trump’s phone call…”

“Reached for comment, Barr yanked Princess Leia’s chain, ate a Klatooine paddy frog, and belched.”

41 Likes

I still don’t understand the reasoning behind Trump involving Barr, Giuliani sure, he is the one doing the dirty work, but Barr? How could he help, and Ukrainian Government investigation ?

I guess the answer is that Trump does not distinguish boundaries between him personally, his business, his re-election campaign, and the government. They all work for him all the same.

30 Likes

Damn, you have the resources. You have people in your pocket.

Not only is this president an embarrassment as a president, he is equally an embarrassment at being a Corrupt president. His help is not covering well at all. Expect crayons for any further documentation. If you are going to screw us over, at least make us admire the skill in doing so. He might as well have just sent a quick memo saying, yeah I did it, so what?

6 Likes

No more drip, drip, drip.

The dam has broken.

29 Likes

I should have written ‘worst’ instead of ‘incompetent.’

8 Likes

Keep it up, Schiff. Don’t even wait 5 minutes to call out this bullshit when it happens. The OLC opinion is farcical and the corruption is rampant. Hit them, hit them and hit them again.

Schiff is well-spoken and smart - he needs to be point person on most of this stuff.

27 Likes

Bill Barr is compromised, corpulent and corrupt.

20 Likes

Most corrupt would work, too. And I remember John Mitchell.

15 Likes

Isn’t it a little early in the day to go all in on the edibles? :upside_down_face:

20 Likes