Schiff Preempts And Rebuts Likely Team Trump Arguments

There is no defense for trump after the house managers dropped him though the meat grinder.
I watched every minute of it. Benefit of being retired and to damn cold to go outside. lol
I doubt I will be able to handle watching trumps lawyers for very long. They are way out of there league on the senate floor and substance to a defense of abuse of power and obstruction is mountain they will never climb. 90 minutes should about cover all they will have to offer.
The only hope will be how many gop senators will think though how bad the wrath of the public will be if they let him walk after listening to trumps lawyers do a puppet show full of trumpisms.

13 Likes

that would be reason enough to make a new HOLIDAY, federal even. lol

3 Likes

Whenever I despair of American politics, which is unfortunately often these days, I will remember Schiff and the other House Managers and find hope.

13 Likes

Can we put in the same federal prisons that are holding detained migrants?

4 Likes

And what will we be reciting from Trump?

2 Likes

Well done. I once helped a relative in a civil suit, and put together a lengthy “brief” that articulated all the known facts regarding the case, their strongest arguments in support of their case, and the most likely rebuttals by the other side, along with my own rebuttals of these rebuttals (i.e. a “pre-buttal”).

I think I made a very strong case that was nearly impossible for the other side to successfully challenge (it didn’t hurt that my relative had an excellent prima facie case to begin with). When it came to the trial date, the other side folded and offered to settle. They knew they couldn’t win.

(I didn’t give them my “brief” but I suspect that my relative’s lawyer leaked the gist of it to the other side’s lawyer to let them know what they were up against–I’m good at this.)

Repubs will now pound the table, which Schiff expertly anticipated and pre-butted. Once this plays itself out and Trump is acquitted by these quisling Repubs, it’ll come down to how it all plays out in the media. I don’t think it’ll redound to the other side’s favor. I think they win this battle but lose the senate and WH.

9 Likes

That sounds like Mother’s problem.

7 Likes

It’s all about the framing in the run-up to the election, and Schiff did it brilliantly,

3 Likes

Oh, maybe 98 to 2, since I don’t see in any sane world that my 2 Senators are likely to break ranks. Perdue and newly appointed Loeffler. She’s running incessant ads cementing her Trump bona fides. and Perdue has long ago lost his way.They both live in a different universe from thinking and sane and rational people.

2 Likes

Oh, they’ve pounded that poor table into kindling by now. They’ve moved on to pounding the chairs, the walls, etc. No surface will be left pounded when they’re done.

9 Likes

Thank you, Congressman Schiff. It truly was a Herculean effort on your part. In the final summation, the Republican senators and representatives are traitors to decency, to truth, to democracy, and to America.

11 Likes

As good as Schiff’s closing was tonight, last night’s Schiff oratory was history making, IMO.

1 Like

Agree. And we need to up the volume on Republican treachery from now until November to make it so.

2 Likes

It will end with sand.

2 Likes

Don’t bogart that joint, my friend.

9 Likes

They could try pounding sand–or each other.

2 Likes

I don’t like sand. It gets everywhere.

2 Likes

I’d like to see them pound sand.

I see I’m late to the beach party.

3 Likes

I find your lack of sand to be disturbing.

1 Like

Seems a good bit of sand is getting into the little gears whirling inside Trump’s head.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available