Schiff Opens Maguire Hearing On The Offensive

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) opened Thursday’s hearing with a detailed depiction of President Donald Trump’s strong-arming of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, quickly segueing into the ways that acting DNI Joseph Maguire seemed to aid and abet the coverup of this behavior.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1251642

And that’s how it’s done.

21 Likes

Nunes seemed to be caught off guard a little.

7 Likes

I think Maguire is gonnna be crucified. He completely ignored the fact that the classification system was abuse --and that is under his control and authority.

18 Likes

We look forward to your explanation.

And caution you against destroying records when you leave your office for the last time tomorrow.

26 Likes

ABC,NBC,CBS all airing hearing More Americans will witness this…

11 Likes

Damn right we look forward to his explanation!

10 Likes

Oh boy. Schiff already has Maquire floundering. That fast. This ain’t gonna be pretty.

22 Likes

Joseph Maguire is a big fan of the word “but.”

5 Likes

I love me some Schiff right now.

17 Likes

Not difficult for Schiff to do, because some of Maguire’s actions are simply indefensible.

23 Likes

Can Schiff just be the only one who asks questions?

14 Likes

It’s a good intro.

I guess we’ll see if this guy will dishonor the SEALs.

6 Likes

Schiff’s statement is magisterial. Anyone who’s not a fool or a cultist could understand and feel the force of it.

31 Likes

I know what you mean but, I have to say, I’m slightly curious about how Committee Republicans will behave.

7 Likes

There is a very troubling aspect in regard to the advice of the White House Counsel to the Acting DNI. The White House Counsel told the DNI that the President’s conversations with the Ukrainian President were covered by executive privilege. This is not correct: Executive privilege does not cover illegal acts by the President. The President’s request to Zelensky was either the solicitation of a bribe or official corruption (using the power of his office for personal gain), and cannot be protected by privilege. The White House is engaged in a conspiracy to cover up illegal activity and more than just the President are implicated.

17 Likes

Oh really???

3 Likes

I’m not because Nunes already gave us a preview.

5 Likes

Killed the cat – I know, I know.

2 Likes

Got my first bad gateway Please no!!!1

3 Likes